The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Uday cups vs Bazar de Magia - Load Size (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
Do the bazar de magia cups take a bigger load that the uday cups? I have the uday aluminiums and have a set of tennis balls which will fit in the cups but get stuck. Will I be able to use these balls without them sticking with the Bazar de Magia copper cups?

Thanks,

Steven.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Steven - you might want to give this post of yours a couple of days to sit while Bill Palmer returns from Los Angeles. He's the best guy to answer your question. I'm going to order a set of Bazar's as a 2ndary set from him and he's been more than helpful.
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
Tennis balls are weird. Most standard cups will not take a tennis ball. My Bazar copper cups will take a cheap tennis ball. For some reason, they were slightly slightly smaller (and cheaper) than regular. I had picked up a cheap bag of about 12 balls, and I found about eight in the bag that would fit in the cups and four that would not. None of them would fit in my brass magic makers, which are about the size of the Paul Fox cups. Regular, name brand, tennis balls will not fit my Bazar copper cups. I believe that the bazar cups are a tiny fraction of an inch bigger than the standard 2 1/2 inches across the bottom.
Chris
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
No way a tennis ball will fit in the bazar copper cup - but a racketball will without sticking - even though it's rubber....
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
As I said, I bought some cheaper tennis balls, that were not specifically listed as being smaller and they worked. I did Gazzo's routine with six loads and a five inch tennis ball hat load at a small convention last summer. Now maybe the balls were deliberately made smaller, so I don't know. "The ITF defines the official diameter as 'more than' 2 and 1/2 inches but 'less than" 2 and 5/8 inches.' My Bazar cups are about 2 5/8 or 2 9/16 of an inch, so some will fit (Bazar lists the cups as 2.75 inches--but they may be off.) I don't know how many you have to buy so that you can find some that will fit without sticking, but they do exist.
Chris
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
Hi. Is the inside diameter 2.75 inches or the diameter of all of the cups at the mouth?

I think the tennis balls that I bought are the same as yours chrisrkline. Hopefully they will work with the bazars.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Actually, the thing that determines the size of the load ball that will fit is not just the mouth diameter. It also has to do with the location of the tangent point of the side of the cup when the ball comes to its final destination inside the cup. This is why a Monti cup or a Paul Fox cup will take a bigger load than a traditional cup with the same mouth diameter.

The bazar cups have a great "fudge" for this. They use a longer skirt which gives you a deeper attic.

How's that for a combination of mathematics and cup jargon?!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
So Bill. Will the ball that gets stuck in the Uday aluminium cups probably fit in the Bazar de Magia copper cup?

Steven.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Not necessarily. Wait until you get the cups to select a load.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Stevens Magic sells a set of 3 Baseball loads for $18 that are smaller than the standard baseball. You can also purchase trainer(?) tennis balls that are smaller than the standard balls.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Steven will have his new cups fairly soon. I sent them off yesterday. It's much easier to find good loads when you have the cups in hand.

Of course people at the sporting goods store give you strange looks.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Uday cups vs Bazar de Magia - Load Size (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL