The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Dean's Box...more effects with just rope? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
I add this I dea here. I would load a melon into the box in the end.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I was working on one for use with my Sefalaljia Crate (Wizards' Journal #10, remember?) but it would alwo work with a Dean's Box. You take the red and white rope put them together and twirl them around so the red and white colors spiral around one another. Push the rope into the box and out the holes in the sides and hand an end to two spectators... for example, a white end on the right side and a red end on the left side. When they pull on the rope, they each pull out the end of a candy striped single rope. I got the idea from looking at Christmas Candy Canes. You grab the center of the rope with a candy striped plastic ring, or a candy cane formed into a ring... depending on the season. The ring latches onto the ropes and when the spectators let go of their ends, you pull the original two entwined red and white ropes out of the box, with the candy striped ring in the center of the ropes. The box is immediately shown empty- the candy striped rope was the stuff of Christmas dreams. Maybe I'll write this one up for next December.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13359 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I think a cut and restored might be quite nice.
if you're not using thick rope you could even implement a TT
to get rid of the evidence.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Dean will be at a mini convention/swap meet at Hocus Pocus next weekend which I will be attending so the box may be in my future!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Dean's Box...more effects with just rope? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL