We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index The words we use Need help... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
454 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Hello everyone.
I hope Im asking for help in the right forum here...
Ive been working on a little act where I have a hand-puppet, a rabbit, doing a couple of tricks (how original!!!ZZZZ...ZZZZ).
The "patter" and dialogue feels like its quite good, but I want help with some rabbit-related jokes, funny lines or whatever you can come up with. Brainstorm.

Some background: the rabbit, Bogdan, grew up on a field between two tough suburban neighbourhoods. Hes been to jail a couple of times, last time for robbing a fox, and is now going through a 12-step program in order to come back to society as a law-abiding little creature. Performing magic is a part of his program.
During the show he tries to rob a spectator when he should perform the cut and restored rope, and so on.

I hope you can help.
Thanks

Hkan
:wavey:
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26938 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How does the rabbit feel about the show as it happens?

How does the rabbit feel about the performer?

How does the performer feel about the rabbit?

How have things gone at earlier shows?

Is this the sort of rabbit who would sleep in the hat? Or perhaps just leave an empty pack of smokes?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
454 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Hello Jonathan, and thank you for helping me. Ill try answer your questions:

1. The rabbit is a bit insecure, but hes trying to be a tough guy. Sometimes hes having a hard time focusing on the magic, arguing with spectators etc.

2. Hes got respect for the performer and does as he tells him to. But he doesnt really like the performer.

3. The performer is really trying his best to help the rabbit become a better...rabbit... He knows he must guide him with a steady hand, and sometimes even smack him in the back of his head to make him listen and do what he should.
He likes the rabbit. Even when he threatens to call his brothers, all 200 of them.

4. This is the first show.

5. The rabbit lives in a drawer box. With a lock on it.

Hkan
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
Are you a vantriliquist (i'm not one myself, so I wouldn't know how to spell it, lol)? because I think it would be funny to have a constant playful banter, perhaps the mention of "rabbit season," although it depends on the age of the audience you're doing this for. you wouldn't want to scare a bunch of little kids by making them think you're going to kill the pretty bunny.
**--snap--**
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
One of the funniest things with Punch (and Judy) is the performer trying to get him onto the stage in the first place and Punch telling him to go away as he's sleeping, tell the audience to come back next week, etc. There are some excellent Punch and Judy scripts on the net and Punch's character (the eternal trickster) sounds similar to your rabbit's.

Of course, you can repeat the joke with all the trouble of trying to get the rabbit back into the box. If you're not a ventriloquist, there is a trick where with practice you can fake it from certain angles, PM me and I'll give you the details.

Hope this helps.
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5684 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Why a 12-step program and not a 6-hop program. Everyone knows hops are bigger than steps. But from a gag standpoint "12-hop" is a quicker, more obvious laugh, maybe.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
454 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Thanks Snap, Whiterabbit and Tom. Ideas from different "angles" is just what I need. 12-hop program - brilliant...

Keep it coming, folks.

Hkan
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26938 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-03-22 01:34, Hawkan wrote:...
4. This is the first show.

5. The rabbit lives in a drawer box. With a lock on it.

What would you like the rabbit to "learn" or experience in the course of the show?

Does the rabbit hide in the box and lock himself in? What's the story/purpose of that box?

You have the characters and the situations for good comedy and drama there. Go for it!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
454 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Jonathan,
the rabbit got into magic because its a good way for him to learn how to socialize..or how you say in english...how to behave. And how to talk in front of other people.

At the moment he lives in the box. For security reasons. When "on the road". But he thinks its a bit to small, and says that he sometimes wish he was back in the regular cell. He cant even get some pot around here!

Hkan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index The words we use Need help... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL