The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove tray (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
I understand that Chalet makes the best but was told they are no longer being made for the time being. Is this so? Does anyone recommend a tray? I'm looking for one that is activated by throwing an object on the tray ie. gloves)-thanks, roy
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I have a Chalet one. I don't use it anymore, but they were the best, totally unbeatable by any others. Abbott's makes one that works the same way Chalet's does. It's a dove in balloon tray with a special release for the 'gloves to dove effect'. Even if you get your hands on a nice dove in balloon tray it's easy to make the gimmick necessary to release the dove via gloves to dove style.
DANSPERRY.COM
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Roy,

The Chalet Gloves to Dove is not exactly the same thing as the Dove in Balloon. Currently I have two of each. They are not for sale because I use them regularly. I have tried other brands. I don't recommend them.

If necessary buy an old Chalet and send it back to Chalet for reconditioning.

I will not expose how any of these work on an open forum. However, no two of my four work alike. Talk to the man (George K.). Some are much cheaper than others. (None are cheap!)

Good Luck!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Hello Bob and Sperris,
Look like both of you may have one dove tray similar to the one I have. So I need your help to fix it. I have a dove tray that looks exactly like the balloon to dove tray and it is black color with sliver trim. I don't know who made it. I bought it from a magic shop. The only different between the balloon to dove and this one is the mechanism. This one works by throwing an object on the tray. I haven't used it much but the t****d no longer has enough tension to release the f**p. I tried different way but it still do not work the way it should be. Can you give me some advice on how to adjust it, please? If it should not be discussed in the open forum, please PM me. Mine has been sitting on the shelf for a long time and I like to be able to use it without reveal the secret.
Thanks
ken
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Ken,

I think that the one Dan has is exactly like yours. Drop him a PM (he wrote me just a sec ago) or email him. Tell him that Uncle Bob asked that he help you get rigged again. Mine are different from that.

Good Luck!

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Does anyone recommend the tray made by Douglas Tilford?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove tray (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL