The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield performance rights (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Hey gang....not sure if this was the best place to post this but....was wondering; of all the close-up material DC has ever used on TV or live which would you hope to see released to the general magic community someday? I would love to see "Ink Think" and some his psychokinetic stuff. What say you? I know I am inquiring about close-up effects but no none seems to have any interest in that forum.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
DC has some really nice material. Most of which is already available to those in the know, or those that know the know (whatever that means!). Personally, I would like to see something other than "Copperfield"...his effects, methods and presentations are copied by magicians on every continent. I appreciate his style but I don't appreciate magi's that do DC magic. If I had to pick one that I would like to see released, I'd pick his ex-wife! Claudia can share my sub trunk any day!
Seriously though, (too late for that), most everything DC does is already exposed or duplicated (without knowing the exact method used by DC).......
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thank you for your thoughts muzicman.....had me thinkng about others effects. I inquired about one of Andrew Goldenhersch's effects involving the transposition of an Origami Butterfly to a real one in the hands....absolutely gorgeous and he's the only one that does it!
Brian-
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
If there is a specific effect, you could probably post it on a close-up board and someone will post the actual creator, if the effect is available commercially (in some form), or its' lineage. This can be fun sleuthing, if you are really interested, and want to do the work (it is fun though).

Don't forget David has folks keeping their eyes open for "new" material at all times, and there are others who send him thier "new" ideas.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27106 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
DC and his Production Manager ( Chris Kenner ) can be reached via the DC site.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22663 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ink Think as you call it was on the market at the time of the show. It was a regular commercial effect. I cannot remember the maker or the source. It was one of those tricks advertised and not many purchased until it got on TV.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1161 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I heard it differently then. According to Gary Oullet, Ink Think was a creation of Hiro Saki and was mentioned to David by Ton Onosaka in 1991. David had Ton arrange for them to meet and Hiro decided to eventually let him use it. According to Gary, Hiro never had nor supposedly ever will have any plans to release it commercially.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I've learned the same that you've mentioned Michael. When I read wmhegbli's post I got very excited thinking I had missed something in previous searches. What really stinks is that I've met DC twice and am always so darn star struck that I always seem to forget everything I wanted to ask him....one thing being "Ink Think".....and if he ever has plans to release it to the genral magic community. Oh well!
Brian-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield performance rights (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL