The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stacked Boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Does anybody know if there is a modern version of this trick? And if so who makes it and Who performs it?
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Hi there--

Call Mark Wison. He may have one or two for sale.

Contact him at: Magic International (661) 257-6070 Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm PST)

Good Luck.

calimagician
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Well the reason I was asking is cause I have an idea based on the illusion, using the same principal but with a total different presentation.
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Braddini - What information are you actually looking for??? Where you can get one, plans for one, or whether there are different styles for it? There are! Different presentations - there are!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
I guess I'm looking for different styles and presentations. Got any good examples I can see. By the way I have plans already Smile
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Im also interested in this illusion. Does anyone have one that they are particularly happy with? if so, who built it. Any pictures, styles, variations etc would be great.
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
I believe the Paul Osborne books have some newer variations to this effect available. Too, folks may wish to check out Bill Smith... I think he's the one that made Copperfield's Luggage Hauler version (it was Bill or Mendoza... don't recall exactly???)

If you're stuck with the more traditional design, Chalet is probably your best bet when it comes to price and deceptive design.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

When you refer to the Copperfield one is this the two stacks with the girl "moving" from one set to the other??? Lights inside??

If so, Peter Reveen had one, if not two sets built, the last one on a single base, with two stacks. This was for his last big illusion show (70s'). These to my knowledge were built by Gaughan. And went to Peter Hart when he bought the show and took it to England. (Correct me if inaccurate here). The idea is old, however, the method, in this case, new!

Peter Gossamer has his Totally Tubular, the round, and lit up version. (His design, and built by Bill Smith I believe he once told me)

Steve Zigmont just sold an egyptian motif unit built by Owen, with new art work added.

There was also a see through version which had plans in Genii many, many years ago.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Blair,

You got too much REST yesterday.....get back to work lol. This topic is about the Stack of Boxes....not the Mismade. Go back and look at the early Copperfield tapes and you'll see in one of his vignettes, train station or hotel, his stack of boxes is themed like a dolly with suitecases stacked instead of the traditional boxes.
Also, if you need a reminder, just go into the basement and have a look at the two of them down there!!!!!!

Smiles and chuckles from my desk while I work away........ John
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

That's' the last club and beer I buy you. We'll stick to coffee from now on!!!

Ooooooooooops! Sorry about that guys, I got confoooosed!!

Was thinking about the Mismade, and Osiris made me think even more along that line.

Of course there are many ways to decorate the boxes, to lend a theme.

Crates, cards, characters, colours, dice, and they all lend themselves to a thematic presentation.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Blair... the bit you were describing sounds like DC's "Flyto" transposition, which was pretty cool. As was pointed out, I'm referring to the Suitcase bit David did... it was very cool!

I will bring up one thing about both, the Stacking and Mismade... the boxes MUST BE SMALL e.g. you need a girl that can fill the cabinet once it's built, but who can fit and work in exceptionally tight spaces.

Far too many of these things are made with huge blocks and it really takes away from the effect. If you want to do it right, start off with cardboard and build it right... build it to fit the girl or guy that's going to work it and build it as tight as you can... the smaller the boxes, the better!

HINT... you can make boxes that are amazingly tight in appearance... far smaller than anyone could possibly fit into, but you need to think of how Mr. Gerret would make such a tight fit work... that's all I'm going to say (just remember who said it, where and when.) I've never known of anyone using this little "edge" but it could prove most interesting.
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
I guess that settles it , I am just going to have to come up with a new version of stacked boxes Smile
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stacked Boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL