The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bill Malone's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rafa
View Profile
Regular user
Costa Rica
102 Posts

Profile of Rafa
I'm wondering if I shall buy Bill Malone's "On the Loose", but I'd be very sad if I buy the collection and receive a couple of double-lifters.
I'd like to know if any of you guys has the videos and have also seen the David Regals (Tricks 3), Ammar's Easy-to-master, or Jay Sankey's DVD set to compare, not in presentation because I agree they're completely different, but in the kind of tricks and the technique.
Thank you very much Smile

Smile
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
I have a very biased opinion, Rafa, but there's really no basis for comparison between Bill Malone's videos and the others you mentioned. He's working on a totally different level. Many of the frequent posters here have said that Malone's videos are the absolute best they've ever seen.

Cheers,

TCR
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Loyal user
sInGaPoRe
206 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
I would say get the BIll Malone's videos! I've seen the rest, except for Jay Sankey's. There are lots to learn from Bill Malone, whether in terms of presentation or tricks. At least i am one happy customer who is not disappointed! :-p
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
You can't lose with Bill Malone. Just get them! You will love his performances and you will LEARN top notch magic.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
Quote:
On 2002-09-30 18:51, Rafa wrote:
I'm wondering if I shall buy Bill Malone's "On the Loose", but I'd be very sad if I buy the collection and receive a couple of double-lifters.
Um, what do you mean by "double lifters"? Are you asking for effects that don't use the DL?
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
chrisop
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of chrisop
You will certainly be impressed with Bill Malone's videos! I agree with the rest that you can get lots of ideas from them. You won't be disappointed. Trust me!
Smile
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
The more we love a thing,
The more we see in it what others
do not see,
And the nobler it becomes in our view
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
kakronen
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kakronen
I did not know much about Bill Malone bfore his videos. I have just seen him on WGM. But I am glad I got the videos. Good top Notch closeup. I look seeing classic effects worked in with his style and patte.r
Rafa
View Profile
Regular user
Costa Rica
102 Posts

Profile of Rafa
Thanks for the posts. You've helped me a lot!
Flip: regarding the "double-lifters", I was refering to the moment I receive the DVDs (I live in Costa Rica) after a long wait, then wait all day long to get out of the office, go home as fast as I can, and play the video, just to see the top-control-d.l.-this-is-not-your-card-I'm-sorry-here-it-is. Smile
It's good to see different versions of a trick, but once in a while it's good to have a fresh video.
Smile
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
Rafa,

A few points worth mentioning. First, the Bill Malone DVDs are mostly card magic. There a few things with coins, the Slydini silks, and one trick with a matchbook, but most of what Malone does is card magic. Second, this is not a beginner's set. I'd say it's aimed at someone with an intermediate level of skill. Third, very little of what is on here is original to Malone (in terms of the effects themselves). Malone's main talent lies in his ability to arrange and present a trick effectively, and this talent is demonstrated brilliantly in this series. Finally, there is one "top-control-d.l.-this-is-not-your-card-I'm-sorry-here-it-is" trick here (Favorite Opener), but it is a terrific one.

Jim
Rafa
View Profile
Regular user
Costa Rica
102 Posts

Profile of Rafa
Jim,
Great points mentioned. Very useful review. Thank you.
Smile
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Bill Malone's DVD's are very entertaining. He is a very funny guy and does some pretty powerful stuff. You can show these to people and not be embarassed !!!
ME
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
Just have to say it" Bill Malone is fantastic" everything he does is great.

Darren...

http://www.darren-kidby.com
mattpuglisi
View Profile
Veteran user
Queens, NY
321 Posts

Profile of mattpuglisi
Get'em. Learn'em. Use'em. Love'em.

Bill-Ma-Lone! Bill-Ma-Lone!

'Nuff Said

Smile

P.S. You can read a complete review of "On The Loose", as well as a pretty good Malone anecdote, at the Pick a Card portion of The Café, in the thread titled 'Bill Malone, The Man, The DVDs'.
Lack of invention is the mother of necessity - Robert Nozick

Instagram: @matthewthomas00
Rafa
View Profile
Regular user
Costa Rica
102 Posts

Profile of Rafa
Thanks for all the posts. You've helped me a lot.
I bought it Smile
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Just received Bill Malone vol.1 and it is well worth the money.You can't lose with this one and I will be getting 2,3, and 4.
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Yeah man, these tapes rock. And 'My Favourite Opener' really kills if performed right! haha... Smile Good decision.
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Once you get Malone started he is hard to stop. His energy level is very high. His handling of The Invisible Deck (Standing Ovation, Invisible Deck) blew me away on the third tape in the series. He takes an old classic and turns it into an incredible piece of entertainment. Seeing this helps me to view the whole hobby in a different light.

There are perhaps a million ways to present the same trick, and yes, some ways are much better than others. Malone’s routines are near the top of the heap.

I’m interested in hearing your comments after you receive the tapes. Did you order the complete set?
Drive Carefully
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Yeah... I've got the Bill Malone DVD's and they are fantastic... lol also... Sankey's are one of my favorites.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
I think that it is important to realize that the Bill Malone series is something very nice to add to your video collection. I also think that you should get Ammar, Easy to Master. They are great! I hope that you enjoy!!!
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
395 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
This may sound a little silly, but I nearly felt like I got my money's worth in the false cut and shuffle material.

Later....
Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bill Malone's (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL