The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What an idiot!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I can't believe this. I have performed my card sword routine dozens of times and have never even come close to seeing this. At the end of the routine I tell the audience I am going to place the deck into the hat and I ask them to yell the magic words at the count of three. I give the volunteer on the stage a wand and ask her to wave it while the audience says the magic words. Pretty simple and works every time...until now. In the hat I had a card fountain.

Well this lady volunteer didn't wave the wand, so took two steps forward and wacked the hat like it was a pinata. She was going for a home run with this. She actually hit the hat soooooooooo hard that it went flying (fountain and all) off my table into the wings. Of course the fountain broke and batteries went flying into the audience. I have no idea what this lady was thinking.

I know that as performers, controlling volunteers is our job but in this case I really have to say...WHAT AN IDIOT!!!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I'd love to know what you said after that.

I might have said... "HOME RUN!" pointed to her seat and continued "Now run the bases."
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I didn't say anything but if only she could have read my mind!!!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have to agree with you. That lady was an idiot of the highest magnitude. Unbelievable.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What an idiot!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL