The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Wands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Hi Folks,

What are the comedy wands that you regularly use in your shows?

I use the breakaway wand, Silver Sceptre and Rainbow nesting wands EVERY show without fail. (Also a colour changing wand - very quick gag).

I used to use a sausage wand but it broke down over the years and I haven't got around to replacing it.

I have used Silly Billy's silly wand a bit, but not regularly as I haven't found a really good use for it yet.

I have a spring wand, a groaning? wand (makes a noise when you tip it) and a silly string wand that I have never used.

I bought a Topsy Popsy wand a couple of days ago and I'm very keen to use it, I'll let you know how it goes.

So what are your favourites?

I'd be interested to hear about the Bev Bergeron multiplying wands, do any of you use these?

Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I hand the birthday kid a spring wand, then nesting wands, then tell him we can't do the trick because we've run out of wands, unless he'd like to try ... this GIANT WHITE (plastic) BONE.

I like the breakaway wand but got too many kids crying because they thought they did something wrong (sold it as best I could but it was sometimes not enough) - "groaning wand" sounds like fun ... could a person make a wand-like something out of those toys they had a while back that, when you shook them, went "jibber-jabber-jibber"? I can't hear one without breaking up with laughter.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here are just a few previous threads on the subject, with some very excellent posts from Den Dowhy, and others:

Magic Café thread titled... Your Favourite Wand

Magic Café thread titled... The Comedy of a Magic Wand

Magic Café thread titled... ’Magic’ Wand?

Read, and enjoy!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I liked the breakaway and never had a kid cry.
I must not have been doing it right. Smile
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I use a breakaway wand, a kid to rabbit wand (that doubles as a slap stick, I whack myself with it quite a bit to the thrill and delight of the kiddies), and my absolute favorite, the Bev Bergeron multiplying wands. I prefer these to the rainbow wands because each one is the same size and looks like a proper magic wand.

My friend Mark Lewis recently gave me a routine that combines the multiplying wands with a bongo hat that just entertains the heck out of the kids for almost 10 minutes. It has become my favorite part of the show, a real piece of theater that the kids just love. It floors me how much you can get out of so little if you have good pantomime skills, a sense of humor, and dare to be silly.

That being said, the nesting wands are the ones I wouldn't leave the house without.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I use a Breakaway Wand, and colored Nesting Wands.

Today I had a little girl who, after using the Breakaway Wand the first time, refused to take it back when I "fixed" it. That's never happened before. It wasn't a problem, just surprising.

Brian
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2005-03-29 23:38, Danny Hustle wrote:
my absolute favorite, the Bev Bergeron multiplying wands. I prefer these to the rainbow wands because each one is the same size and looks like a proper magic wand.

Danny, I assumed that the Bev Bergeron multiplying wands were nesting wands (like the rainbow wands I use). You say that the wands stay the same size, are they similar then to a multiplying billiard ball in construction?

Cheers
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Hi Billy,

They are nesting wands and they have the ability to stay the same size. They are very simple, but also very cool in design. Mr. Bergeron was the inventor of the trick so it doesn't surprise me that his method would be a bit slicker than the knock off. I also think his wands are less expensive. I paid around $10 or $15 for my set.

It is a great routine.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
The Duster wand is fun. I also made one where I installed a red lazer light inside and I use it to point to the child I want to come on stage.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2005-03-30 09:50, Danny Hustle wrote:
Hi Billy,

They are nesting wands and they have the ability to stay the same size. They are very simple, but also very cool in design. Mr. Bergeron was the inventor of the trick so it doesn't surprise me that his method would be a bit slicker than the knock off. I also think his wands are less expensive. I paid around $10 or $15 for my set.

It is a great routine.

Best,

Dan-

Dan,

The difference in size steered me away from the rainbow wands. Are the Bev Bergeron wands still avalable to purchase anywhere?

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Wands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL