The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Generation Extreme (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
juggler13
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of juggler13
It's out for preorder. http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=938. Good chance for people like me who don't have Generation X.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Buy this DVD. This DVD is sick. I saw uncut footage of this when I was in vegas. Keep in mind, THIS IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS. Atleast have a few flourish DVDs before you try to do most of this stuff. Otherwise don't buy it because you wont be able to do any of it.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
magicmonkey99
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of magicmonkey99
Does anyone know if the teaching is better than in genaration x?
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2005-03-29 16:33, magicmonkey99 wrote:
Does anyone know if the teaching is better than in genaration x?

Man this is THE question in my mind too Smile

Althou I would still get it eventually Smile

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Most likely not.

Still worth it though, just a little harder to learn from
www.chriskeppel.com
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Lol, he made a remake of the DVD even harder to learn from? Does he challenge us? Smile
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Well, like I said in another post. Brian is one of those guys that he wants you to learn his stuff but at the same time he doesn't. This way you don't have these 12 year old punks hacking up his material at conventions thinking they are hot shiznit. At the same time him not teaching it that well is the reason these people are hacking it up a crappy looking, simply because they couldn't learn it right. Basicly, if you are not at least half way skilled at cuts and flourishes don't buy it. I get mine for free so I cant really complaine.
www.chriskeppel.com
MnemonicaRedux
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of MnemonicaRedux
Quote:
On 2005-03-30 14:32, Chris Keppel wrote:
This way you don't have these 12 year old punks hacking up his material at conventions thinking they are hot shiznit. At the same time him not teaching it that well is the reason these people are hacking it up a crappy looking, simply because they couldn't learn it right.

HA! I wonder what it woulda been like if good ol' Brian just did a performance-ONLY video of GenX, so that people would have to REALLY "learn" the stuff by watching it frame-by-frame... that would indeed be teh LOLLERSKATES.

But yeah, did anyone see the email that penguin sent out regarding this? It made a chuckle quite a bit... hehe.

-Kev
jessicashurtz
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of jessicashurtz
Quote:
On 2005-03-30 22:11, MnemonicaRedux wrote:

But yeah, did anyone see the email that penguin sent out regarding this? It made a chuckle quite a bit... hehe.

-Kev

know what ELSE made me chuckle....

wait... not legal... Smile
-j
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
Actually the email said that the reason Tudor made this new video is that he realized that the first one sucked when it came to teaching. So, I don't know if this is a total remake of the first or just expanding the first video. I hope it's a complete remake and he doesn't act like such a tool on this one.
Why does coin magic make my head hurt!?!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
If he realized it sucked he should allow us to trade our crap genx for the new ones.
brokin6
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
276 Posts

Profile of brokin6
I agree Jordini. And he should let us break a thumb off him or something so we can catch up. Smile
Why does coin magic make my head hurt!?!
Deucemc
View Profile
Regular user
originally Honolulu, Hawaii
116 Posts

Profile of Deucemc
I say let him make as many "Fast Flourish" dvds. No matter what there will be those certain people that's going to buy it. Do you think he would slow down in performance or teaching when a new "Cyclone" comes along? I'm waiting for that day. You can't be good all the time. There is always someone better. WHO? Who knows, we won't know unless someone comes forward and demos his or her's stuff.

oh yeah, buy the gen x remake, it's a lot better than the first. rehash, remake, who cares you know you want to add it to your library of crap, I know I did.
K
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-03-31 17:20, brokin6 wrote:
I agree Jordini. And he should let us break a thumb off him or something so we can catch up. Smile

Maybe make him use his feet.
CTG
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of CTG
From the Penguin site:

"Throughout your training you'll destroy five or more decks per day."

Is this true? I cannot afford to be using over five packs of cards a day. Say, a couple of hours of practice a day..
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2005-03-31 20:36, CTG wrote:
From the Penguin site:

"Throughout your training you'll destroy five or more decks per day."

Is this true? I cannot afford to be using over five packs of cards a day. Say, a couple of hours of practice a day..

CTG:

if you believed what you mentioned, please be aware that they also stated this

Warning: Don't buy this DVD. Almost no one can actually do the stuff you're about to see. It's aggressive, showy, complex, impossibly fast, and freakish. Once you master it, your spectators may notice only one tenth of what they're supposed to see... and only one one-hundredth of what is actually happening. That's no way to live... pick up a Svengali deck and be happy.

:bg: Smile Smile

cheerios
kxxcheng
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of kxxcheng
CTG... I can't tell if you're joking. Come on, penguin was purposely exaggerating. Marketing.
Karen
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I can do all the stuff in the dvd (not close to as well as Brian but wtf.) and I havent ruined one single deck. Smile

Its jsut marketing, they want as many people to buy it by using... Eh... Reverse Psychology?
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
You'll ruin the decks because once you try to learn from Brian Tudor, you will tear your decks apart out of frustration.

If generation extreme is really 39.258 times better than Gen X as far as teaching goes, I shall eat my hat*

*NOTE: My hat is made out of chocholate
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I am beginning to feel that jordini has a personal vendetta against tudor Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Generation Extreme (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL