The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Computer/printer expert help needed please!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
I have a Dell Dimension 2400 that runs windows xp with a dell all in one printer. As per my earlier post the weinies keep sending me bad ink cartridges that I have tried cleaning and refilling to no avail! I have no black ink to print with and neither the time or money right now to get new cartridges or different printer.
QUESTION-Is there a way for me to change the settings on my computer/printer to get it to print everything in red ink? Or anything but black. I've checked my printer settings but haven't found anything yet. Please Help!!!
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Then its not the ink carts but more likely the processor that checks the inks chips.
Bad news, as you will need to replace the printer. check warranty!
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2005-03-28 23:35, ellisd wrote:
QUESTION-Is there a way for me to change the settings on my computer/printer to get it to print everything in red ink? Or anything but black. I've checked my printer settings but haven't found anything yet. Please Help!!!

Here's a non-computer geek's solution to this problem.

If the document is in WORD (for example), click and highlight all the text, and change all the text to the colour red. Then print the document out.

Although this may seem obvious, there is a slight possibility some may not have thought of it.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Donald Dunphy, good minor solve. But that don't change the fact his printer is up the spout without a jet!
I would return the piece of junk with a major complaint (written) and demand a replacement.

Go get 'me tiger!
- Mark Twain
pezgod
View Profile
New user
Ohio
94 Posts

Profile of pezgod
Yeah, I'd complain and get a new printer. maybe something NOT dell. nothing against them...but it's much easier to return a printer that doesn't work to a bestbuy then to dell!! but as for printing in other colors...here's a computer geek's solution to the problem. do what Donald said! Smile

Later,
Kevin
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
My solution is thus....

BUY A LASER PRINTER!!!

They are cheap work horses for black on white printing.

Get a colour printer (bubble, inkjet, laser) and only use it for colour.

2 printers, 2 functions, 1 heck of a reduction in ink. (unless you are a photographer/artist)
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Computer/printer expert help needed please!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL