The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope routine with gimmick scissor Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Can someone advise me where I can find a good routine/instruction on the rope routine which the audience is handed gimmicked scissora that can't be used to cut any thing?
Regards,
Ken
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22166 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is not any real routine per say. You hand the scissors to the spectator and tell him to cut the rope. Depending on your prop. The blade will not open. You take them back and show him how to cut the rope with these scissors. Then give the scissors back to him open and he can't close the blades. I have the pair that the blades stay open even though the handles close. Then they can be made to have the blade stay closed and the handles operate. The magician can cut with these same scissors. Although, I find these scissors will not cut rope well. The cut paper okay.

There has been a number of scissors on the market that do one or the other but not both. Some that will not cut anything.

Which version do you have. If you have the same version I have, I can email you the instructions for STanley Watson's Comedy Cut-No-Cut Scissors. These were made in England.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Thanks Bill, mine is the No-Cut scissor by Dave Powell. I think I need to find the other version Cut-No-Cut Scissors. When I find this, I will definitely need to ask you for the comedy instructions. Thank you
Ken
sherifmayika
View Profile
New user
Cochin, Kerala
96 Posts

Profile of sherifmayika
Is it available now

Comedy Scissors: Set of Four
http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=5075

the dealer says it is not in stock
who is manufacturing this? which is the best store to but this?

please help

Click here to view attached image.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
The originals were made in England, many years ago. Then Zanadu magic put out
a set of two. Cut, no cut, then break-a-way.
I sell a cut/no cut
"A pair of Scissors for your cutting effects, like a cut and restored rope or ribbon, silk or newspaper. It works like any scissors should. But when you hand spectator the scissors closed, he can't open it. So you open it for him, patiently teaching him how to use a pair of scissors, and hand it to him open. And he can't close it. Repeat this as often as you like. New bright Silver Plated model."
$45

Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I can get you the set..it is in stock.
$315 or so (discounted).

Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
sherifmayika
View Profile
New user
Cochin, Kerala
96 Posts

Profile of sherifmayika
Thanks for informing the availability.

what is your price for set of 4 without box?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I PM'd you
thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope routine with gimmick scissor Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL