The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » First time out. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Well we have just returned from our virgin outing to sunny Birmingham ! Three days in the mist,after being towed into position in the mud,,,,still the punters were out desperate to part with thier cash and we were happy to take it.With nine performances under the belt and three escapes for promotion,the most amazing thing has happened,,,thanks to Doug of Unusual fame.

We took a chance and took Dougs golden advice,,,we followed it to the letter and walked away with a very handsom pot,our zibit proved the hit of the show with people pushing each other to get a better look see,,,thank you Mr Hig for a wonderful method of presenting an old idea,,,we had all of our doubts flattened within minutes of opening,,,this idea of yours has scored well for us over here across the pond.

I have never had such a laugh on the tober for many a year,,,to spiel this up was a gem,,,it may be a oncer but what a gag.

Thanks Doug,,,,Hurry Hurry Hurry,,,see the Strange Thing,
There`s no queing theres no waiting, the show goes on all the time.
Not only an entertainment but an education as well,
Step right this way,,,only fifty pee to see,,to see it`s fifty pee,
see the strangest thing you will ever see,
Its not live, its on the inside.
Sorry,,getting to stop shouting up is kinda hard after three days.

Cheers Doug.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
When I saw the photos of your set up this morning, done EXACTLY like I recommended including banner text etc., I was thrilled...then I read how much you made over the weekend with it and I was floored!!!!!!!! We won't mention the take but Holy Crap Ken! That's fantastic! You have made my day...no...month!

Not bad for an old Feegee idea updated for todays crowds in such a small space.

I don't think it's a 'oncer' as long as you have the tip to entice. Being as how it's but a small section of your 'swag' sales ez-up and your money take on the 'zibit was pure profit, essentially after the first day, you should have a great season and a lot more laffs and fun!

The nice thing about a 'Zibit for admission cash is...they take nothing away with them but the memory...(no stock to replace).

Well, you did it right and it paid off and I couldn't be happier for the Kondini's! Your idea of keeping it open full time and not just a blow-off to your performance act was a good one. As you found out. Smile

Cheers my friend!! I'm 10 feet off the ground!

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I've said it before and I will say it again...Doug knows what its all about when it comes to making money in this end of the business. There are a ton of people out there moaning the blues that they get lousy money for standing onstage and having darts thrown into their back. Why they don't sample the sweet life by embracing Dougs ideas is beyond me.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Bravo! Bravo ! But keep it to yourself,,,I hate competition and the UK is only a small Island.

So to my fellow UK carnies,,,don`t bother, it`s crap, you won`t make a thing,,Doug is rich and has more than enough cash anyway !!!!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Kondini is right. There is no reason to do it in the UK. Actually, I think it even illegal there. No reason what so ever. Now, doing it in the rest of the world is a very good idea.

Todd
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hahaha...actually Ken...no one else will get my specific secrets in the UK this year...hows that? (not from me anyway). I have OTHER 'things' they can do. The actual show and front flash you are using should be yours alone...unless somebody flat out copies you...but then they won't because it is well off what is traditional and they won't have a clue WHY it works like it does.

Oh...and Doug is not rich and for assorted reasons can not follow my own advise and plans and get out there like I should. But that's ok...I'm out there in spirit...I just miss the FUN of it all!

Doug
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hell Doug,,,fun is the word,,,,and don`t fret,,wherever we open a little bit of you is with us, each time I look at your baby I think of you (In the nicest possible way, of course).

God ain`t it great to be out again.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Er, which way is England?
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
With your back to Coney Island you can see us on a clear day,,,,we have beeches without glass on them !!!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"...we have beeches without glass on them !!!!"

That's so you don't notice when there is no Sun to reflect off the shards.
What's a beach without first aid!

But Slim and I are in SUNNY extreme Southern California where the San Diego and North County beaches are choice and the glass in the sand is not broken but full bottles of the finest wine...and there are coolers placed every 50 feet containing an assortment of Beer and Sodas for the taking. It IS Paradise!

Doug
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yeh right,,,as I look out of my window I can see a cat being sick!
No, the gibe about the glass was one thing I thought a shame,,,I loved Coney Island and the people we met but powder glass was everywhere and I say everywhere on this beach,,,why the hell don`t they clean it up?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Broken glass? Hah, I say! We walk on broken glass...we EAT broken glass.

But the beach sounds nice.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"...why the ^(*^ don`t they clean it up?"

Coney Island. ie: Training Grounds.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » First time out. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL