The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Blowing System? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alekei
View Profile
Loyal user
Dubai/Lisboa/Barcelona
247 Posts

Profile of alekei
Hello!

I'm constructing a special zombie ball routine, But I need a system, maybe a Blowing system that allows me to throw some confetties, little pieces of fabric, cotton, and similiar small light objects over the cloth for about 2 or 3 seconds.

Imagine holding the Foulard of a Zombie ball, and suddenly some little pieces of fabric and cotton flies from behind the cloth up to the air (it is not necessary to be more than a few inches over the foulard)

Any Ideas of how to accomplish this?

Regards,

Alejandro.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I have used a gimmick called HANDZ UP to make it appear I am holding a foulard with both hands. Card fountains, puppets, and even confetti launching can be controlled with free hand. It's made by HOTTRIX and you can see it in action HERE. This little gimmick is easy to get in and out of and looks real even close up. I have a hand puppet from the Muppets, Animal, the drummer, who pops out over the foulard and says "Help me, he's crazy"! He hides behind the cloth as a pull retracts him back to his "hiding spot" as I turn the foulard around with the gimmick back on my hand and show the back side. It blows my audience away. Check out HANDZ UP for accomplishing your vision of presentation.
alekei
View Profile
Loyal user
Dubai/Lisboa/Barcelona
247 Posts

Profile of alekei
Thanks Muzicman! Sure I know the Hanz up gimmick. It is great. But what I need is the system that allows me to throws those confetties and little fabric pieces up to the air, I don't know what to use. A mini confetti launcher? I don't know if do exists one very very small that can launch confetti for about 3 seconds.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I have a hand held confetti launcher that just uses a spring. I think they intended for them to be used 1 time but it's easy to reset it, repack it. The botton twists to release the spring and the confetti. Not sure how you could do it one handed. I have one with me that I can play with. The cost was only around $2. It's about 8 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. I bought it from an online shop for party supplies. I don't recall which website but I could check my invoice when I get home.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
You might want to poke around for "Snowstorm in China" effects, some of which run off a little blower instead of relying on the performer and a Chinese fan.

If you are affluent, there is a nice one from Viking.

Yours,

Paul
alekei
View Profile
Loyal user
Dubai/Lisboa/Barcelona
247 Posts

Profile of alekei
Thanks Paul! That system is awesome! but a little expensive for What I want Smile
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Well, I have used a number of air launched things, you needa holder for the air that forces it out a smaller opening (turkey baster will wok usually) and a smaller diameter tube with teh goods, plastic film can with hole in the bottom for the baster tip? I say experiment with the junk around the house, and go to the dollar store for the other bits. You can use the foot launcher device from teh stomp rockets, about 10$ , if they can launch that plastic rocket 50 feet or more up they should be able to launch confetti! just a stomp of the foot!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Ok, I played around with my hand held, spring activated confetti launcher. I simply put a thumbtack in the base to use it as a lever. I was able to grip the tube, and move the wheel that activates the spring with one hand. I was able duplicate your desired effect using the HANDZ UP and Confetti launcher. The launcher makes alittle noise, but could be dampered to make it almost silent if needed. The Zombie and Zombie gimmick can be tucked into my waisteband by the gimmick to hold it while I do the confetti business. I am not sure if this method will work for you, as I have noidea how you plan to use it. I'll see if I can come up with something similiar without expensive gimmicks and unreliable methods.

I have one of those "jumping spiders" that uses a bulb. It's possible to mount this anywhere you can conceal it and just squeeze the bulb. The above turkey baster is a good idea as well. Great thinking kaytracy!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Blowing System? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL