The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pyrotechnic Pasteboards DVD by Gregory Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Does this DVD available on VHS format?
Any review for this DVD?
Is it good?

Hengky
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
I'm looking for a review for this DVD too. Anyone?

Rod Lages
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I don't have this DVD yet, but I'll bet it's top notch stuff.

All Greg Wilson's stuff is great.
Think about:
Stockholder
Honest Abe
Cardstunts
Double lift video
Ringleader
His impromptu video series

All excellent material explained to the nth
degree.

Buy it, you'll like it.
Cheers,
James
:bluebikes: Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
The DVD will be in my mailbox in a day or so. I will definitely be reviewing it on the Café.

Ron
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I thought Greg Wilson and Gregory Wilson were two different people... I'm confused... is the guy who did Card Stunts Mark Wilson's son?
bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
No, that's another Greg Wilson. The one we're mentioning does Card Stunts. He is not the same person as Mark Wilson's son. Smile
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Can't wait to read the review of the first DVD from Greg Wilson!!
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I received the DVD yesterday. I really like the routines in it. I'm not sure if I like it better than "Card Stunts", but it certainly has quality material in it. While my performing style is different I really enjoy watching Gregory perform. He really makes me think about my performance.

He has a 4 Ace Revelation that looks very similar to Troy Hooser's routine in volume 3 of his DVDs. My wife and I got into a heavy discussion about the two performance styles. If you get a chance, look at both to compare.

In any event...I would highly recommend Pyrotechnic Pasteboards. Point Blank, an ambitious card routine is really nice (with a blank deck of cards), however, I really like his version of the Specator Cutting the Aces.
My wife, who doesn't know much about magic, loved his FISM ACES. The aces shoot out of the deck one at a time, only to find the deck has vanished and reappeared in the empty card box that was sitting on the table the whole time. Very nicely done.
His cards to pocket routine is nice, but I'm not sure I switch quite yet. I'm happy with mine (no table required). There are other items on the tape, but I don't remember them at this time.

I know you will all enjoy the DVD when you get it.

Steven Smile
Coram Deo
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Greg Wilson makes a joke about being Mark Wilson's son at the start of Double Take. Although he immediately states that he is just kidding, I think that people have always heard and spread rumors ever since.

Greg's abilities are top notch and I can't wait to get this new DVD.
Drive Carefully
metaphyzix
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of metaphyzix
Are there more routines than just the six listed at Magicsmith? It listed the six routines and then had the ever vague "and more" statement...
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
The routines on it are VERY good. I know Greg and as you all know he has fantastic stuff. You will love to learn all the stuff he has on there.

Ben Schwartz
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
phranQ
View Profile
New user
Denmark
47 Posts

Profile of phranQ
I just bought this DVD yesterday, only to come home and find out that my DVD-drive wasn't working! Smile

Anyway, I'll post my comments when the drive is back ...

Smile
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
I went through the DVD about a week ago, it is a decent disc.

Card Stunts was far superior in my opinion. The stuff on this DVD wasn't as eye-popping as his other videos. Maybe I'm just used to his style. Smile

As for the routines, I enjoyed his ambitious card routine and FISM aces. I won't be using any material from this tape, but it's fun to watch him perform.

I'd recommend it only if you are a big Greg Wilson fan, otherwise I think Card Stunts is the better buy.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I agree that Card Stunts is a better buy, but this DVD is wonderful if you like Greg's performing style. I use Lethal Fours all of the time now even though when I got it 2 weeks ago I thought I would never use it. His back in time type of routine is fantastic and I'm trying to make a box right now if you guys know what I'm talking about. There is only one extra trick, so there are 7 tricks in all. Watching his audience participation is definitely worth the price of the tape.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pyrotechnic Pasteboards DVD by Gregory Wilson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL