The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Five Minutes With a Pocket Hankerchief, AGE? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
What age groups do you do Five Minutes With a Pocket Hankerchief routine with?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I would think it would play well for most all age groups. Well 9 and under anyway. I do know it's great for the preschool age.

Tom
Phred
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Phred
I love this routine. I carry a handkerchief with me all the time just in case. In fact, I did it at my neices birthday party last weekend while they waited for the cake to be brought out.

It plays best for pre-schoolers. I would say you could do the routine for kids up to grade 2-3 (age 8-9) but only if they are already warmed up and in a receptive manner. The mouse is obviously not real (to older kids), but if they are already having fun, they won't care and they will just enjoy the routine.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I use Rocky the Raccoon for ages 3-12, and it goes over very well, especially for the younger ones. The hanky mouse will be good for that age group as well.

Brian
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Yeah, it seems more geered for the younger ages.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
What is this routine. Never heard of it ?
*going crazy with Jeff Mcbrides Art Of Card Manipulation dvds*
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Bennie,

This is a routine based on the dvd of Quentin Reynolds. The description on one website is as follows:

"It's more than a routine, it's a complete act that fits into your pocket. Quentin Reynolds is a professional magician from Ireland who has spent the last 25 years perfecting his craft. His specialty is children's magic and the routine taught here is the highlight of his show - a polished 5 minute act which is accomplished with nothing more than an ordinary pocket hankerchief. Beside a childrens show, the effects would work well in a restaurant atmosphere especially when there are little ones at the table."

It's a great routine, and you can order the dvd from many magic stores.

Brian
kroberge
View Profile
New user
Old Town, Maine
75 Posts

Profile of kroberge
How impromptu is this? I've heard that you need to generate the noise for the mouse crank and obviously you need a handkerchief. But is it otherwise impromptu?

Thanks,

Kevin
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
How impromptu is this? I've heard that you need to generate the noise for the mouse crank and obviously you need a handkerchief. But is it otherwise impromptu?

Kevin, This can be impromptu. I have done it without the noise and you can borrow a man's hankerchief or just carry one yourself. The best part about this is that you can mix and match different bits aside from what Quentin does on his dvd.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Kevin, it is totally impromptu. All you need for the cranking sound is a watch winder which is small enough to carry in your pocket.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
This is one of those wonderful routines for children that the adults present will also appreciate. I use it constantly.

The "watchwinder" helps make the trick and is cheap:

http://www.ronjo.com/Merchant2/merchant.......e_Code=R
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
If you don't have a watch winder on you, you can just make the noise using your mouth.

By the way I love this routine, the kids scream when the mouse jumps at them.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I just click my tongue to make the sound, it's more effective, and much easier!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I prefer using a watchwinder but for an impromptu performance I squeeze air through that space behind my teeth!? I actually tried to learn to make that African constanant click with my throat but couldn't do it very well.
kroberge
View Profile
New user
Old Town, Maine
75 Posts

Profile of kroberge
Thanks for the information folks. While we're chatting about handkerchiefs and such, where else can you find such stuff. I became interested recently after seeing a preview for Quentin's DVD so I went browsing Mark Wilson's CCiM and have been playing with handkerchiefs for past week and would like some more material. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Five Minutes With a Pocket Hankerchief, AGE? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL