The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » My first rope trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ryan
View Profile
New user
Calgary
89 Posts

Profile of Ryan
Hey, I 'won' Neff's Miracle Rope Trick recently, and I have some questions. The trick requires the rope to be cut, does this mean I have to buy new rope every time I do the trick? Is there a good way to go about buying rope? (Mass, Hardware store, magic store, ect.) Is there a specific type of rope I should look for? Is anyone familiar with Neff's Miracle Rope Trick? Does it really provide astonishment like it claims?

I really want to try this trick, but I only have one peice of rope. How do I practice without going through lots of rope?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Present the effect as 221.

Two small ropes becomes one, the cutting is only graceful if you work with an assistant.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
Geoff Ray
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Geoff Ray
I always buy my rope from my magic dealer. Even though it is a little more expensive than the shops it is of better quality and gives my work a more professional touch
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I don't know about the States, but here in Australia the rope you get from hardwares etc. is much too stiff. I know because I've had to make do at times when I've been on tour and run out of the other.

Go to the magic shop my friend, out here only costs $1.00 a meter, which over there is probably about 2 cents. Smile

Good Luck

Billy
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
Where can I purchase this effect?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21987 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Abbott's Magic Mfg Co, produce this trick and has for years.

Yes, you have to use new piece of rope each time, contact Abbott's they sell rope by the spool. The had two sizes, the smaller dia. about 1/4 or 3/8 dia. was supplied with this trick.

I did it many years ago and it is very good. Real magic, As the instructions say, you use a spectator to come up and actually cut the rope herself.

Bill Smile
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » My first rope trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL