The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Steve Fearson Products (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I have been thinking of purchasing some of Steve Fearson's downloads on his site. How many of you have done this? How practical are these effects? Thanks for the help.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13714 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm not an expert on the subject, but my understanding (from all I have read on the Café) is that Mr. Fearson flew the magic coop months ago to get involved in a religious group. I would be quite wary if I were you with my hard earned money.

Get your self some confirmation from some of the more trustworthy members of this Café that Steve is back in business and legitimate. If you can't get that, then the red flags should be waving like they have been hit by the latest Florida hurriicane!

Just trying to be a friend and help you to not lose what is in your wallet for a handful of magic beans.

Best,
Doug
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Spanky
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
81 Posts

Profile of Spanky
I have seen some of his effects, but most of them I feel aren't really that great or special.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
What the heck????

Yes Steve is "out" of the magic scene(accourding to last goodbye), but that doesn't mean you are going to get ripped off he is still a reputable dealer!!!!

Many of his effects are awesome, area51+goodbye vanish are just some that I have and enjoy.

Check it out, you'll certainly get your moneys worth at least.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13714 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Read my post again CAREFULLY. I NEVER told the man for a fact that he would be ripped off. I just advised him to excercise caution, and be on the "safe side". "When in doubt, use your snout."
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Steve has some great material, then again some of his stuff looks like he ripped it off of a 3 year old Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13714 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Truth hurts, eh?
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1959 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Honestly, his stuff sounds good on paper! not so good to perform.Take insertion as an eg: sounds great - demo looks great on the site - UNEXAMIBLE- let me quote his manuscript: put the case in your pocket an run like heck!
Flabbergastor
View Profile
New user
United States
5 Posts

Profile of Flabbergastor
I was alittle disappointed with some of Steve's products. Although I love his Floating Cigarette routine, and his levitations are very fun to perform. I didn't like Thumbthing very much, but I did perform it successfully for a couple of people.. so I guess it was worth the money. His effects are well priced IMO.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I only liked his Floating Cigarette and Area 51 routine. (very similar methods)

IMO only get those 2. others aren't really that spectacular as it sounds on the site

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
His floating cig is one of his best illusions Smile
Adam J
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Adam J
His floating Cig is amazing! Totally worth the money. Other than that, his illusions are like others said 'Good on paper, bad in reality.' I do like the Goodbye Vanish, though, very creative Smile

Adam
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Well, I went ahead and purchased his Card Pack, and the Goodbye Vanish. Not sure what all I will use. I know I will probally use the floating card for sure, and the disappearing card box, but not sure what else. For the price its not to bad. He has some intresting items. I may purchase his floating cig in the future.
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
I would describe most of his stuff as "toys". It's not exactly something you would use in a routine. Or can use for that matter. They are just that, toys.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13714 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
One effect that I found worth the money was 'Static Elevation" but the gimmick gets old and breaks, so you have to constantly replace it, and it is quite an involved task.

Final cut was pretty good, except he needed to include a few more of the fake "cuts" because they wear out and get lost, and I have no idea where in the world to find replacements.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
516 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
I wonder if Steve ever regrets selling the rights to his best release...the laser?

What kind of impact would this have had on the average performer? Would this have turned into the next thumbtip?

Now the crazy stuff he is doing....so odd!

Paul h.
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Where can I find the pen from anywhere by steve Fearson.Ive searched a lot of places I hear that its out of production is this true .some help please!!
Astonishment as Therapy...?
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
448 Posts

Profile of johnra
I really like thumbthing a lot its really creative and killer. I don't really like the magicians levitation I have performed it but not at all with success I was always caught because the card slipped. I hate insertion its horrible. the vanishing case is cool but it could be better with some adaptions. Goodbye vanish is a new spin on an old concept. Fearsons box and floating cig are great. Area 51 is basically a spin off of the floating cig. the source is good but he tells what the sources are in area 51 so don't buy the source get area 51 instead. The basics is good for beginers. easy float is a good idea but your better off getting some invisible thread.
I hope I helped aid your disicions,
John
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Oh, I LOVED the station manager.
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Not!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Steve Fearson Products (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL