The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Any favorites from the Michael Close 'Workers' series? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17159 Posts

Profile of joseph
His 2 ahead coin routine is great. The origami bunny is probably the best item on the video, but of course, he doesn't show us how to make it. You have to buy a $40 origami book to learn it. Probably some sort of copyright issue. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
PaulEds
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of PaulEds
The bunny fold is shown in Workers #1 (the book) - so you don't need to buy a $40 origami book, and you get some other excellent routines as well!!

All 5 of the Workers books are brilliant. A mainstay of my stand up act is Michael's presentation of 'Lucky Lady' - which appears in Workers #3

Buy them all, now, - you won't regret it!!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1172 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I have Michael doing the Card, Forehead and Saltshaker, on both his Power of Palming Video, as well as his Very Close Series from L & L. He seems to get a better reaction with the live audience in the L & L video. The routine kills though.

Pothole has garnered some repeat buisness. I also enjoyed incorporating Erma la Fource, Butte Ox 2 Butte Ox, The Lie Detector and his Close's Clones into my act.

The 5 volume book series is probably one of the best investments you can make. Not just from a stand point on how to learn some killer tricks, but on how to shape your act and to think about the theory behind magic.
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
We haven't heard from the thread originator - CopterChris - Have you bought any of these volumes? - If so, what do you think?

Dave
melish
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of melish
I just purchased workers #1 and will report later....thanks for recommendations on the rest of the series. Anyone able to compare to his video series? He's selling the set of 3 for $45 at his website.
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Michael T
I just ordered all of them! Better get a crate of beer and some bread and I'll see you in a few weeks

Steel *locked in his room reading*
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
There are so many great effects in each volume....
I would recommend to buy vol.3 and 4 now.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4163 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I think Stupid Travelers is killer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Any favorites from the Michael Close 'Workers' series? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL