The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chalet magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
TRUE!
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
magic559
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of magic559
Just curious, what does Warrens magic line consist of? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I don't think I've heard the name before.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2005-04-03 21:08, hugmagic wrote:I am sure not going to train someone to go out and compete against me.

Wow Richard, that's true. I hadn't even thought about that. Unfortunately, and fortunately I guess, the guys I had working for me were just a brain drain and not much more. I sent one guy to the builder's supply in town (a half hour drive) to get one sheet of 3/4" plywood and he was gone all day. I never figured out what he was doing.

On the other hand, my youngest son worked with me for awhile when I was making some of the old Massey stuff and he was great but just didn't have a passion for magic like I do and wanted to do music instead. If I had a child or grandchild that was interested I'd be thrilled but the Tabman line will surely die with me (unless I can find someone to leave it to), I just hope not too soon Smile

All the best,

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
I just got a product from George a few weeks ago that I had ordered in November. I really had to keep bugging him to get it completed. But he did and it is superb. I know he is going through family health issues and other things that take him away from the shop. For those of you planning to deal with him, I can recommend none better. He is honest, upright, goes an extra 10 miles, and delivers a top notch product. But be sure you keep up with the communication and can wait a while for it to be delivered. I wish such a high-class guy could have better luck, but I guess that's what uncompromising builders have to endure in this industry.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
I posted this on another topic, but as a courtesy to George I wanted to make sure that everyone sees it:

I stand corrected and would just like to apologize for saying that Chalet is closing down. I guess that my Knoxville, TN sources aren't as reliable as I thought. I am very glad that George is going to be sticking around.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Tabman, I know what you mean about not too soon...There is no way I could or would just teach my business to anyone. I owe that to the memory of Horace and Marie Marshall. I will never write up the methods I use or the materials. I guess I am just old school.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
All due respect Mr. Hughes, but the magic world would be at a loss if there was no one to carry your torch. I sure hope you are teaching someone to take over your business when that time comes. Your art work need to carry on.
Dennis Michael
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
I know exactly what you mean Richard, and I hope we both have more than a few years left.

All the best to you,

-=tabman
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-04-03 16:56, Bob Sanders wrote:

George Kimery and Chalet Magic have been an important part of my magical family for my forty-plus years in magic. The quality of his good work was never something to question. Chalet built tough, roadworthy, hardworking props that always worked for magic professionals. I hope he is only leaving the mass market. The rest of us need him as always. Lucy and I have eight pieces of his equipment now that we use regularly. I don't even want to discuss a substitute!

George, thanks for the faithful years of high quality service.

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander

Good news! He's only leaving the mass market! That's just smart.

There was a time in my life when I had eleven offices, was scattered over the USA and Mexico, had two planes and a personal pilot, ate breakfast with an accountant or lawyer instead of my wife and worked a hundred-hour week. I would leave clothes in the dry cleaners and never go back to retrieve them. Nearly thirty years ago I disposed of every business I owned that had a full-time employee and put the quality back into my life. I took off twenty-five years to raise kids. It was a good; no it was a great, investment. (They did a good job of getting me straight!) Unfortunately, Lucy and I have employees again but we are working on kicking loose again.

I'll always be thankful to Roy Orbison who taught me to say "No" to bookings and commitments that unnecessarily took me away from family. (Roy and I also have the same birthday (April 23) although he was nine years my senior and much wiser. And now I'm eight years older than he got to be. In a few days it will be nine years older.) On the road, Roy was always the first one on the phone calling back home. He was a great example to us youngsters. Old Hickory Lake in Hendersonville, TN was the center of the earth, if you talked to Roy.

There is a lot to be said for the quality of life when you stop to smell the roses. Don't wait too late! Maturity is learning to keep the main thing, the main thing.

Congratulations George! (Doctor Lucy approves too!)

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Great he can make good on my product I paid for about two years ago!
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
You're not alone...
aceofillusions
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
25 Posts

Profile of aceofillusions
Quote:
On 2007-11-30 20:45, magicofCurtis wrote:
Great he can make good on my product I paid for about two years ago!

Have you had problems with Chalet returning products. I've just purchased a sub trunk and am thinking of purchasing a Kub Zag - not cheap illusions. Should I be concerned?

Nate
Seattle Magician
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
NO you should not be concerned.

Note the post you copied is from 2007.

a few years ago George went through some personal stuff and this caused him to fall behind in a lot of his work. manay got angry with him as they had to wait a long time for their props.

But he always came through and got you your props.

things have much improved for gearge and I would suspect you will get things in a timely matter.

george is a great guy and his propls are second to none.

his subtrunk is the best out there hands down! I had him build me one 12 years ago and after 2000 shows it still works flawlessly!

good luck and enjoy your new toys:)

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
I would second what Sam said, I have gotten new props from Chalet as recent as a couple months back, not only were they on time, the prop far exceed my expecation!.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
That's all good news to hear. George has always been a great guy ... and we've all been hit by hard times. He's still one of the best builders out there.

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
George is a great guy. He is building me something, and yes, it is taking a while, but I knew that when I ordered and paid for it. I'm sure that it will be worth the wait when I get it!

Regan
Mister Mystery
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
I just noticed that this post has popped up again. I started it back in 2005 when I was first trying to locate George for a sub trunk.

I just want to comment that I received the sub trunk....I've had it now for a few years and it is fantastic.

George was great to work with. Yes, it took a bit of time but well worth the wait. He did some extra custom work on it for me and did an amazing job on it.

I'd order from him again in a flash. He's a terrific builder and all around great guy.

Good luck.
AmazingCarrington
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Just to let you know george is not building all the props he used to or I should not all the BIG props

he still builds his subtrunk and the cube zag and many many of the smaller props

just email him and he will be happy to let you know what he can do for you.

I own a few of his props and as many have said before me his work is exceptional and you will not be disapointed with the quality of the props you receive!

enjoy

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
jc_dovemagician
View Profile
New user
Camden, Tn
25 Posts

Profile of jc_dovemagician
I ordered something three years ago and haven't received it, and have no promise of when I will receive it, I contact George a couple times a year and I am always told that he will do it soon, or that he needs to get a piece to finish it, or he is waiting on more orders, or he is. Short on money. I empaled him again today, I hope he resolves this problem, I feel as if I have been robbed. Hopefully my situation is the exception, but I am afraid it isn't.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2010-10-24 16:42, jc_dovemagician wrote:
I empaled him again today...

Wasn't that a tad extreme?!?!?! Smile

I really hope you get your order soon.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chalet magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL