The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Play big pack small illusion needed! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been in the Café - been really busy!!

OK - I've just got a couple of Fly Back contracts where I need a 45 minute show!
A lot of the stuff that I perform is large Illusion but....... I can only take 1 case as there is no room for large equipment!!

I have more than enough smaller material but need another play big pack small Illusion!

I'm taking Mayne's Voodoo Box and Yogano's Stool Suspension! I just need one more Illsusion!

Now I was thinking of building Steinmier's Through a 1 inch hole! Which I could use as my trunk and pack everything into! What do you think?

Any other ideas would be most greatful!

Cheers

Sean
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
538 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
If you are building "Through a 1 inch hole" wouldn't it be possible to get it to double as a sub-trunk?

Just a thought...
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Just look at the reviews for my Konundrum Kube here on the Café"!

Jack
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
You may want to take a look at JC Sum's new illusion "6 inch" which you can see on his sight:

http://www.jcsum.com/illusion.html

This packs small/plays big.

JC also has some presentation ideas for the One Inch Hole.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Deke Rivers
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Deke Rivers
Two years ago I was using a "Slick Post" (escape of my assistant.) Abbott's makes a pretty good version. It's a small illusion, but got a great response. I also use a Delben double wrist chopper (It's the one where the hands end up in two holes in the blade. There is one currently being advertised in the magic rags.) Doing that trick with two audience members is killer and definitely "plays big."
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
The Shadow Tent by Creative Magic (creativemagic.org) I love it! It plays huge, and I don't think any stage illusion packs smaller or lighter. I can't recommend it enough. They've also got a new illusion but I don't think it's out yet. It's on their website. I seriously can't recommend it enough, I've already gotten mileage out of mine!
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Andrew Mayne has a lot of stuff that packs flat.
-Tyler
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
Hi Sean!

Just a thought, most planes have a maximum size and weight for luggage pieces. It varies from airline to airline but approximately it is 32kg per case, and total dimensions (width plus depth plus height) of 157cm. This is about the size of a large suitcase. Airlines will generally not take cases bigger than this as it is against health and safety rules for their baggage handlers to carry larger cases.
This would probably rule out the thru a one inch hole? Or maybe not, it's certainly smaller than the average sub trunk. I think you may be better having two cases within the sizes given rather than one really big case, but then I don't know what they told you about one case. At least try to make the one box under that size.

The sword thru neck I use is excellent. Maybe this would be good for you. Plays big, packs really small. Get the dante one with the examinable blade. Expensive, but worth every penny.

Phil
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
What about a guillotine? They break down pretty well and are easy to travel with when you consider all the airline restrictions on freight/baggage weight and dimensions.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Snow animator or hospitality might work well.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Make sure to disconnect the battery from the snow animator while traveling. If you ever get the chance to hear Ken Scott's story about traveling with his, do it.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Hell yeah MDS that's true and bring the charger too. you'll need it.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Yeah Ken took his on a plane and forgot to disconnect the battery and during either the loading or unloading phase the baggage handlers heard a loud blowing noise and the case was really hot and they thought that it was some kind of bomb or something. They took it apart and Ken had some major explaining to do. After he turned it off he noticed that it got so hot due to being on for so long that it nearly fried the electronics. I think that it ended up being okay though.

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Cheers for ur in fo guys, and I'm still chuckling away at ur story MDS! HEHE!!

Sean
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
One trick that I have been using for just about every show I do is one called The Weight of the World. I invented this larger version of simple magic trick and it has only this week come on the market. You might want to check it out. It plays good, but it may not be exactly what you are looking for in an illusion.

http://www.magicsupply.com/cgi-bin/web_s......s=MS-115
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Play big pack small illusion needed! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL