We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mcabee rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Grinwolf
View Profile
New user
London
9 Posts

Profile of Grinwolf
Hi everyone,
I have seen the Mcabee rings performed and I think that is a great effect, but when I look to buy it the price differs so much from dealers by 2 or 3 times.
I want to get a set that will look good and last. I have read some of the posts re- Ninja v Mcabee but I like the Mcabee rings.

Any advice will be welcome.

thanks
Dave.

I've bought a set now so I'll wait for the postman to come..

Dave
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1128 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Martin Lewis has two sets available: There is a "silver-colored" set that was designed for practice, and a brass set (manufactured by Jim Riser) that is a beautiful presentation set.

Check out: http://www.magikraft.com and get them directly from Martin Lewis.

Regards,

Paul Green
Grinwolf
View Profile
New user
London
9 Posts

Profile of Grinwolf
Thanks Paul,
I'll look that up now.
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
I "treated" myself to the set made by Jim Riser about 2 years ago and have not been sorry. In fact, it's become one of my favorite routines. I love the fact that all can be passed out at the end for close examination.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21864 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Riser makes the McAbee Rings for Martin Lewis of MagiKraft. There are couple of different models to choose from.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I bought a set of Mcabee rings from someone here. In fact, I would strongly suggest that everyone that wants to buy something that is pricy first check this site to see if a magician wants to part with his. I got my 12" linking rings that way.
Grinwolf
View Profile
New user
London
9 Posts

Profile of Grinwolf
@rikbrooks:
that's for that idea
RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Guys;
FYI - Actually the better set that I make for Martin (I do not make the cheaper practice set) is crafted from pure/solid nickel silver rather than brass. It is not plated. It is the same metal all the way through - no plating to ever wear off. The original set of bracelets (1960's?) were gold plated steel and the gold wore off rather quickly. I wanted to avoid that wear problem.
Jim
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21864 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mr. Riser, didn't your web site show both the silver and the none silver sets? Sorry, if I was in error, but your site seemed to display both. I must have not interpeted the photos correctly.

RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Bill;
No, my site has only had the nickel silver sets I make. You probably saw the others on Martin's site. No big deal and no apology required. I just wanted to clarify things for everyone.
Jim
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13339 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
What exactly is this effect?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21864 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-04-05 03:37, Frank Starsini wrote:
What exactly is this effect?

Close-up linking braclets. A video is available on Martin Lewis Magikraft site.

Check it out.

RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
Frank;
I think Martin has a video of the routine on his site. At least he used to. I have not checked lately. It's a close up linking bracelet routine. At the conclusion, the performer is "clean" and all bracelets could be examined.
Jim
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
I love this effect! The Riser Rings are super!!!! Great Close up linking ring effect.
Check out the video at:

http://www.hanklee.org/hankievision/index.html

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I have a set of the Risers on the way to me now. I envision them fitting in perfectly in my "indoor street" set in Denmark in a few months.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I'm lusting over those Riser rings. I may have to await a birthday or maybe I'll try to work a trade for them. I'm wondering if Jim would be intersted in leather chop cups.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just got them today. They look gorgeous! I'm so glad I went with the "upgrade" set. Now comes the hard part, learning how to use them.

Magikraft sells a switching mechanism for stand up work. One caution, it requires you to wear either a suit jacket or a shirt with a breast pocket. It would have been nice to know this before I bought it, but I think I can adapt it. It's much better than Mr. Lewis' original method, and unless you're good at crafty stuff, pay for the premade gimmick, not just the instructions.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
The stand up switch does't require a gimmick. only a pen in your breast pocket. its at the end of the video
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
I usually do the routine standing using the switching gimmick and it works well for me. It does take some wardrobe planning to make sure you have a jacket or shirt pocket available. Purchased mine premade and havd given it so much use I'll need another soon.
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I don't switch the gimmick out. I never allow the spectators to examine my props and if I let them examine these then it would make them wonder why I don't let them examine others.

I do a lot of the Shoot Ogawa routine with these.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Mcabee rings (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL