The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Sharpie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2100 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 06:29, Roger Kelly wrote:
Sharpie has just been taken over by Papermate. They have been repackaged and slightly redesigned. The famous "Sharpie" writing on the side of the pen has changed too. So if you use the "4 of Spades" 'force' Sharpie - the writing will be different! (Just a small inconvenience!)

Sanford is the parent company that manufactures Sharpie, Papermate, Expo, Uni-ball, etc. This has been the case for awhile. They acquired Papermate in 2000, which was one of their most recent. If Sharpie design has changed recently, it isn't because of a new company.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
962 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I believe they are one of the most permenant marker pens you can get, also they were the first to do a pen style for writing and getting autographs.
all others were chisel tiped.

In Magic
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
BlakeBlair
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny So. California
111 Posts

Profile of BlakeBlair
Here is a cool link for your own Personalized Sharpie

Rubbermaid.com

BB

Smile
FuFanu.. Two Cards Torn & Restored...

Are You Ready ?! Its here !!
DrSammy
View Profile
New user
Greater Toronto Area
52 Posts

Profile of DrSammy
Quote:
On 2005-04-04 01:43, Pants99 wrote:
Well, I don't think they are as essential as a wand! I use a Marks-A-Lot marker. It's size is extremely exaggerated. It plays really well for a cool set of chuckles!!!

Not only that, but there's an effect on Volume 1(?) of The Richard Sanders Show that uses a gimmicked Marks-A-Lot.

To be honest, unless you are trying to use a similar looking gimmick, I really don't think it matters what you use as long as the ink dries in time for you to use the marked card.

Mind you, a trick with a mark that smudges...Think of the possibilities!

DrSammy
Many an ancient lord's last words had been, "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh." -- Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3328 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Wow, what a link - thanks for that!! The only trouble is, they are only accepting orders from the USA. Is there anyone out there with a PayPal account - which I can credit with US Dollars, that would be so kind as to place an order for 25 of these $42.99 and whatever postage costs to the UK are incurred.

Or, does anyone know of a UK distributor offering the same service?

Cheers

Roger
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
658 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Roger, I'd love to...but I am in Canada Smile

I also would get me some of these.

Though I may order them to my relatives in the States. I'll see what I can do for you.

I've found a place where you can order custom lighters as well. Check the "Custom Supplies" thread.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3328 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Cheers Iceman - look forward to anything you can come up with.

Roger
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Sharpie (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL