The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Neon thru body illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

franciscojackson
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of franciscojackson
Hi every body.
ill be very proud if somebody help me to find who built or sell de illusion "neon thru body",its similar to the sword thru body but with a neon ligth.
thanks every body in advance.
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
I would be interested in this prop as well and have been looking for one for almost a year. Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
Is it any thing like andrew mayn illusion light storm
http://www.weirdthings.com/plans.htm
its close to the end of the page.
Kyle
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Is that anything like the franz harary light through body? cuz that thing rocks!
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I think it's somewhat of the same thing, but the reason I like Adrew is cause if you read some of the plans on his site they all can easly be made and they don't cost that much to make.
Kyle
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Michigan builder and engineer Harry Colestock worked with one of Franz's early neon through girl props. I am not sure to what extent, but if you can find contact information for him, he could probably be of some help.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
There is a big difference between the Mayne (light moves from side to side with cover) & the neon thru body (more like a impaled done standing)

Marco Tempest has a version with one neon .
Franz Harary uses a pitchfork with 3 neons .
I don't think they are for sale but you can always ask them....
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
I am interested in the pitchfork style. If anyone comes accross one please contact me.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
115 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
I've seen something similar to Franz Harrary's, but the stockis never removed. the upside is that it makes it doable with anyone. I believe both Klamm and tilford carry them.
Ronald R. Romiski
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I couldn't even figure out what you guy's were talking about until Franz was mentioned. The Pitchfork isn't even made with neon .... that's the funny thing about it. There's only one of them and I'm pretty sure it's not for sale.
The other version known as the Lightbulbs thru Girl, is performed with stocks around your assistant or a slender person from the audience. I've got one that was built by Owen Redwine ... and we use that thing all the time. Sommers has made plenty of them and has it all figured out . Give him a call and order one .. tell him Chez sent ya ..

Steve
Erich Troudt
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Erich Troudt
Well chez, you're right and wrong.....lol, Franz's Lighted Trident, (which he calls "neons") isn't actually neon. You're also right that the trick isn't available, in fact like many of his other original illusions, he's had to put the "smackdown" on a few individuals attempting to build it.

But there are actually 2 of them, one in 110V and one in 220v for over seas gigs.

Take Care
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
If you're looking to use actuall neon, one of Steinmeyer's books has a plan for the passage of a girl through a row of neon tubes. I beleive the book is "Device and Illusion".
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Wow great info. Thanx

MDS
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
Dylan Weese
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
31 Posts

Profile of Dylan Weese
Here's a link to a trick called "Four bulbs thru middle of girl." http://www.tilfordillusions.com/bulbs.html I think this is similar to the one that Chezaday is referring to.

Dylan
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Ahh.. the 220 Volt ... that one I didn't know about .. but it makes perfect sence. I'll have to write that down.

Steve
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
GD-Luxembourg
225 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Dear Erich,

Bryan Lee told me that you had a "Walking through a steel plate" illusion using the same principle than my "Walking through a Mirror" (Orpheus) which I performed at the Magic Castle in February. I was very surprised to hear that because I came up with this principle a couple of years ago and I had never seen anybody use it this way before.

I believe you were in the audience one night but we seem to have missed each other. If you don't mind I would like to talk to you about it. Could we pm each other?

Regards,

D
Erich Troudt
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Erich Troudt
Sure, feel free to PM me.

I designed my walk thru illusion back in 99 before I went to Malaysia. It was finished in late 99 and debuted in 2000. The places magicians might have seen it performed would be the castle or SAM convention 2003.

I slightly remember seeing your show, I can't say I remember your mirror trick. I remember you opened with Spirit cabinet, and did a arm disection, any other details escape me at the moment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Neon thru body illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL