The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Crash vs. Ninja (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
21phillies21
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
1 Post

Profile of 21phillies21
Hey everybody,

I've been doing magic for about two months now and I have decided to buy a DVD. I have been thinking about the Crash course 1 and 2 bundle or the ninja 1 and 2 bundle. I have heard form people to buy the crashes first and form other people to buy the Ninjas first because the Ninjas are the same tricks just a better effect. I wrote this hoping someone could help me decide what I should buy first. I'm leaning towards the crashes then later buying the Ninjas but lets see what you guys have to say.

Thank you for reading this.
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
Hi 21phillies21, I have seen them and I think that you will notice that their are two types of opinions when it comes to the ellusionist videos on this site. You either like them or you don't. The reason with them in the past is that they have not given credit to the person who invented the tricks or effects that are taught on the tapes. Daryl does an excellent job of telling who originated what moves on his encyclopedia of cards video series (personally I think that is the best video series on card magic that you can buy).
But now back to you're original question. Crash course 1 teaches some basic methods and tricks which all magicians should know. The problem here is that they do not explain who created the effect. Crash course 2 deals with just the Ambitious Card routine which is very good, here to I think Daryl does a better version on his tape. Ninja 1 is a little flat in teaching the pass, Ninja 2 is very nice in teaching advanced moves. To sum it up start with Crash course 1, then ninja 1 and then cc2 and ninja 2. I hope this helps.
Fresh
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Fresh
CC1 offers too little for what you pay for. Buy Card College.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Both sucks. Way overpriced
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Quote:
On 2005-04-05 17:24, h_A_Z wrote:
Both sucks. Way overpriced

Hey, you could become a reviewer for The Theater Magazine. I like your insight.
"What are your views on the play"? "It sucked, the ticket was way overpriced".
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
I would also recommend Card College. I made the mistake in purchasing both Ninja and Crash Course. There is MUCH MUCH MUCH more that you can learn from the first 3 volumes of Card College. The best investment I made in my card magic was the purchase of the entire Card College set (voluems 1 through 5). I only wish I would have purchased these a year earlier than I did. I would personally purchase volumes 1 through 3 of Card College and work through the material patiently. If you have any money left over go for a MUCH better video series such as Bill Malone's 'On The Loose' or 'Easy to Master Card Miracles' by Michael Ammar. Any one volume of ETMCM would give you MUCH MORE information than all the ellusionist material combined. Please take it from me that has learned from personal experience. I was sucked into the advertising and marketing "this stuff looks cool" with ellusionist products but they lack substance that will make you a better magician.

If you are still dead set on purchasing the Ninja or Crash bundle "Personal Message" me and I'll sell you my entire set for a low price. Please do not pay full price for these videos if you really want them.

I could have said wonderful things about Ninja and Crash Course if my intent was to make some money by selling my used videos but I would have felt too guilty if I did not give you my honest opinion.

I hope this information helps. Smile

Kind regards,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4290 Posts

Profile of Daegs
"Crash vs Ninja"

Battle of Losers!!!

Don't get either there are much better and cheaper sources to learn some GOOD magic.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Go with C.C. by Giobbi...one my best investments for card magic knowledge!! There is even an E-book!!
:bluebikes: Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Crash Course is better than Ninja, if your looking to strickly limit your purchase to Ellusionist. A similar DVD "Born to perform card magic by Oz Pearlman" in my opinion is much better in price and in value.

However if you are okay with reading, the above posters are correct, Card College will give you most for your value.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
My thoughts...

Crash 1 then Crash 2 then Ninja 2.

Skip Ninja 1. You are better off learning the pass from other videos.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
chrisch
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of chrisch
I bought Kard Klub- I thought it was a waste of money- it got a bit repetitive
chrisch
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of chrisch
Do all their videos have clips of mediocre looking women ?
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 03:05, chrisch wrote:

I don't want to be too harsh on "e" but it was really disappointing to see that what they call hot "e" girls are not what we expected.

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Fiddling-Steve
View Profile
Loyal user
Danbury, Connecticut
212 Posts

Profile of Fiddling-Steve
I have crash course, both. I would invest your money somewhere ut. A lot of the products on this site are for begginers. They also are highly over priced. $30 to learn the shapeshifter color change!!! WTF!
I would look somewhere else.
Stick to the classics,

Stephen
chrisch
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of chrisch
I fI have Daryl's ambitious card, should I bother getting CC2?
Fresh
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Fresh
No.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2918 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:

No, some are just plain ugly or pregnant.

As for the videos, don't get either. Invest your money in a book (or if you insist on a video then get something you will get a lot out of).
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
I'll stand my ground, both sucks. Spend your money elsewhere... REALLY
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 12:26, David Ranalli wrote:
Quote:

No, some are just plain ugly or pregnant.

hahaha! LOL!!! not too harsh there mate. Smile They should have got the girls from the Total Destruction videos.

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
cafeowner
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of cafeowner
Ninja for the serious
crash for the hobbyist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Crash vs. Ninja (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL