The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Crash vs. Ninja (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
I have the Ellusionist videos. I have not had any exposure to the other videos mentioned in this post, so I can not make any comparisons.
I always had an interest in card magic and new some basic card tricks. It was the ellusionist videos that got me back into card magic. I learnt some good slights and moves from the videos.
My favourite would have to be Crash Course 2. The James Ellis Loading is an excellent move from CC2.
krist0pher
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krist0pher
I think the girls from the Ellusionist videos are just Brad Chri$tian's (hint) neighbors, and relatives. I literally had to fast-forward through those clips in between routines because I couldn't stomach it.

I bought Street Magic, and Kard Klub from Ellu$ionist, and it was the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on magic before. Every video is recycled into the next and called something else, or a "bonus" is taken and added as a main feature.

If you watched every Ellusionist video, the math is that you'd learn a handful of tricks, for the price you could've paid for a WEALTH of valuable books, and DVD's that could've provided you with an arsenal of magic.

Better camera work, and videogame-like themes don't = better magic.
Harsh, but realistic.
Kristopher Scofield

Myspace.com/imkrisscofield
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
OK...you asked which to buy first which denotes that you are interested in buying both.

The bundles are $62 and $80, for a combined $142.

For $150 you could purchase card college which covers all that material and more.

You could purchase On The Pass for $35, The Magic of Eddie Fechter for $45, and Double Take for $30. Those would all equal $110.

I'm just saying...there are better alternatives for learning that material and much more in the same price range.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I agree with most of the opinions posted here.

Buy Royal Road To Card Magic and other important resources like books.

Reading books is better because you get a wealth of information from them for only a cheap price.

Trust me on this. Videos will burn a hole in your pocket if you don't know what you are buying. Books are better because there something for everyone in it.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
The_Shadow
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of The_Shadow
Crash course should be bought first as that gets you the basics and then the Ninja series can help you expand and elaborate on your routines with them.
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
If you beginner get Michael Ammar - Easy to Master Card Miracles or Daryl´s Encyclopedia of Card Sleights DVD-Series!
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Crash vs. Ninja (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL