The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Asrah european version (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

franciscojackson
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of franciscojackson
Hi everybody.
I have seen on tillfordillusions.com some picture of this illusion.
somebody knows if the base its enought deceptive and good¿?¿?
they don't say de meassures.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I worked with one about eight years back and never found the base to be very deceptive. If you're looking to use the "European" method, I would advise using the form, and having a more deceptive table built.
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Hello

There are TESTOMONIALS from satisfied customers on the website next to the illusion so you can Contact via e mail these customers.

Sincerely,

Douglas Tilford
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
You might check out the Steven's Magic Catalog... they're selling a form of this type that seems to be a bit more "flexible". Too, if you are looking for a good Zombie styled system, check for what was marketed some time ago as an "Astra" levitation. This is a complete portable system the table to which hosts multiple applications. I've personally used the table for doing a Cremation as well as the Asrah. Dean Hankey does a Shadow Box and Crystal Box routine with it. It can be used for a Thurston styled Sawing and plethora of other bits. The great thing is, it all packs into a nice little ATA case that's "carry-on" luggage legal (though I don't advise it in today's world.)

Look around, this is one of the better made forms and more practical units you could ask for. Unfortunately, the original builder and designer of the system is retired and no longer making them. You could check with THEDEAN and see if anyone has taken over from Bill in the manufacturing however.

Best of luck!
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
Depending on the venue in which you are performing, I would highly recommend a real asrah. I like the Tilford version and performed it several years ago. It was deceptive and the audience enjoyed it. However, I prefer the "hands free" performance of a real asrah. Before I acquired one, I was terrified of the rigging involved, but after performing it, found it to be quite simple. Plus, when you pull the cloth off of your floating assistant, to the audience that moment is pure magic!!!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Franciscojackson

I have the European Asrah. Pm me and we can work out a deal.
It does take a little work and practice to make it look real. But, so does everything else in magic.

Ray
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
250 Posts

Profile of afun14u
I have posted this before but I'll restate it because I feel it's worth knowing. The European Version is great for the price...However, unless your on a stage with a "BLACK" floor. You WILL give away the secret. I have used this version and know first hand what happens when the girl vanishes and I promise that if you have any flooring color other than black you'll know very fast.

Good luck and follow your Dream.

Robert Jones
MRJPRO.c
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Quote:
On 2005-04-06 14:08, afun14u wrote:
I have posted this before but I'll restate it because I feel it's worth knowing. The European Version is great for the price...However, unless your on a stage with a "BLACK" floor. You WILL give away the secret. I have used this version and know first hand what happens when the girl vanishes and I promise that if you have any flooring color other than black you'll know very fast.

Good luck and follow your Dream.

Robert Jones
MRJPRO.c

This simply is not true!

I've worked this style of levitation for over two decades and even helped Bill Wizard make the things... If you handle it properly there is no risk of flashing a thing.

Yes! It can look a bit awkward at first. It will feel awkward at first. BUT, with practice you will learn how to make it all happen in a very smooth and deceptive way. My little trick is to get out of the Zombie mode and go for the old "tummy touch" (gimmick across back of hand). When you're ready to do the vanish move the hand up just an inch or two and let the unit drop down... this causes the cloth to bellow or parachutte... that's when you tuck your control arm thru the mid-section and let it do its thing... the "EMPTY" drape with fall right over your forearm and no one is the wiser!
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Here's what I posted on March 27 about the European Asrah.

"We bought a European Asrah from Doug Tilford a couple of months ago and finally put it in the show.

We do a switch with Pat doing the vanish/float and a hooded/robed assistant rolling the couch off stage. A few seconds later, the "assistant" reappears with a large basket and I fold the cloth et al into the basket. The "assistant" then removes the hooded robe and it, of course, is Pat. Works great and we're glad to have it in the show. The only modifications we did was to lengthen the cloth a little for better angles while working on an elevated stage."

It works for me.

Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Asrah european version (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL