The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Budget Illusion Show Brainstorm Sessions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
Let's all do a little brain storming for fun.

Illusion show with a few large tricks one in the beginning one at one in the middle the end
A few Stage tricks (IE Squared circle, changing bag, linking rings card sword ect.)
some filler material and prop gags
Magic table some side tables as well
backdrop
Audio system and Mic

Amount of Money 2000 dollars. How would you pull it off?
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
115 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
Auction site, or better yet local magic auction.
Why not post here and ask for what you are looking for?
I myself have lots of items left over from when I closed the magic shop down.what do you need Im selling most things cheap just to be rid of them, and almost everything is brand new, only opened to be put on the shelves.
Ronald R. Romiski
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Buy out a retired Illuionsist.
Ask Your local Magic Cub members.
Ask your nearby Magic Club Dealers I got lucky and found about $5,000 in Illusions and magic for $1,400.

BA Production would save money.

Some Music or drum stands with homemade table top
Dennis Michael
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
194 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
Try the auction site, local Magic Cub, retired/ moving out Illuionsist.

Sam
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
DenDowhy is so right, black art would save heaps of money and when done right, is totally invisible. With it, you can achieve amazing results. Granted, it takes a controlled environment and must be carefully rehearsed but is well worth it.

So, as starters I'd start with a production of the magician using BA and some simple-looking unit that has no way way for anyone to hide.

As a center piece I'd do a prediction effect, with a simple yet effective method (PM me if interested)

As a final piece I'd resort to BA again, this time magician vanishing the entire cast/assistants and while he is standing there, audience applauding, vanish himself as a kicker finish.
Sent from my Typewriter
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Watch for estate sale of deceased magicians. I know a magician who had several rented storage garages full of illusions and magic. When he died, his son, who was not a magician, sold the stuff off at pennies on the dollar. Most of it had never been used. Magic clubs are good sources for such information. Another possibility, I know of several magicians from Mexico and South America who tour the U.S. they get their illusions built at cheaper labor south of the boarder, do their tour, and on their way home sell off their equipment at a profit, but still much cheaper than retail. It has been a few years, but I once bought a zig-zag lady from such a magician for $200 when it was selling in the thosands. It was good quality too. Used it for a long time , sold it for 1100 when I stopped using it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Budget Illusion Show Brainstorm Sessions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL