The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Secret World of Magic tonight (uk) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Just watched this episode, thought it was the best yet. The tricks were great, and it was overall a very entertaining episode. Not much else to say really!
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Brilliant show it was indeed, I enjoyed the most recent show above the rest.
I hope they keep the rest of the shows up to this standard.

ollie

ps. oh and if anyone is willing to send me a copy of the la show (seems as though I forgot to tape it) then I would greatly appreciate it. Smile
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Quote:
On 2005-04-28 14:30, Ollie1235 wrote:
ps. oh and if anyone is willing to send me a copy of the la show (seems as though I forgot to tape it) then I would greatly appreciate it. Smile

I'm sure you'll cope with just having seen it the one time Smile
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
It's really cool though to be able to get to see performers like Tamariz and Lorayne performing as having read their stuff growing up.
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Quote:
On 2005-04-28 17:26, Niko wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-04-28 14:30, Ollie1235 wrote:

I'm sure you'll cope with just having seen it the one time Smile

I'm sure I will, but it would be nice to have them all on dvd. Smile

ollie
plodrich
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of plodrich
I really enjoyed the thrre shell game. I know its a classic but found it highly entertaining. I'm off to start doing it.
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
The acting of pete and ali seemed to be pretty bad this time, but the show was still good. not my favourite of all episodes though. does anyone know how many more episodes they are in the series?

ollie
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
There's six episodes in total, Olly.

Another good episode, nice to see Gaetan Bloom - what a performer!
Ali and Pete were good, they're a good combination and are always fun to watch even if their acting is a little bad! Fun to see tricks like Greg Wilson's Florida Keys, which I have performed myself.
Thought the first guy with the cards (Aces to the top etc) was very good, certainly fooled me!

What did you guys all think?

-Niko
plodrich
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of plodrich
I think the acting bits are deliberately ironic or silly when they want them to be.
I really loved Gaeton and the bit where they take the **** out of mimes and the french generally with the balloon trick. As usual a good mix of everything and another good episode.
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Argentina episode wasn't that entertaining I didn't think, but sitll had some good effects and was alright.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
The effect they did with the Lemon....
Was that using 'the final answer' ?
Any one have a view ?
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Hi
I know thi spost is dead, but I just saw these recently and loved them. My personal highlights were Mac Kings Goldfish routine, Ali's Note in Orange, Pete's Mr Ball routine, and his misers dream routine. Tamariz's first trick, witht he hearts. The shell game. Gaeton Blooms entire act, Rene Levand. The mime artists, and Pete asking how to ask for a croissant in French. The triumph effect.

As you can tell there were alot. Could anyone tell me wjich misers dream pete was doing, I mean I know his routine was original, but where can I learn some of those particular moves. I also don't blame ali for copying Wonders presentation, its the one trick I do exactly like Wonder, simply because everything from the timings to the way it#s scripted, can not be improved upon.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Anyone?
Nick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Secret World of Magic tonight (uk) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL