The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mark Leveridge's Magic Party DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased this DVD to be played in the USA. If so, does the region code prevent it from being played in most US DVD players. I've previously had trouble getting DVDs from the UK to play in my US machine, even those that supposedly had no regional encoding.

Thanks in advance.
Scott
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Sorry, but I am no help. I have the VHS.
-Tyler
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
This forum is not really the place to talk about DVDs. Smile

Anyway, one thing you should note is that DVDs have region settings. I believe US region (including Canada, Mexico, etc) have region setting of 1 and Europe has region setting of 2.

You cannot get region setting 2 to play in region setting 1, unless you get a multi-region coded DVD player.
-----

Joseph Then

Singapore Ventriloquist
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I do not know how you stand in the US for plying UK DVD I can play any region here on my DVD in the UK as I could play any video on my video player, I think that you have problems playing anything in UK regions because of the differences in PAL/Ntsc format of the picture and not the region, if you had a region free dvd on your computer I think you could probably view it ok , but as your tv sets are Ntsc the amount of dots (reselution) is far smaller than that of our Pal format and I think therin lays the problem.
phillip
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
It might be an idea to contact Mark Leveridge direct http://www.markleveridge.co.uk
Mark
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
You need a Region Free DVD player on your computer. You can then use software like "DVD Decrypter" to make it Region Free and get rid of macrovision, then burn it to a DVD. If you have some computer skills, you can pull it off.
srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
Thanks to all who have responded to my question. If I order it now, I think I have the ablity to bypass any regional encoding issues. However, a few people have PM'd me with negative reviews of the DVD. If any positive reviews exist I would like to hear those as well.

Thanks again,
Scott
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I'd actually like to here reviews, negative and postive here so we can all benefit.

Cheers
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Hi all,

Yes I have the tape and think it's a gold mine of information for any children's entertainer wanting to add games as an extra benefit to there shows.

Mark's style of performing may not be the same as yours but were all different aren't we?.

The tape also includes routines using not many props, talks about packing light and defiantly how to add an extra hour to your show.

Watch it a couple of times to let it all sink in, excellent stuff.

Best wishes,

Royston
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
I personaly thought the tape was horrible I had not received one benifit of buying the tape.None of the games would fly to much where I do shows.Kids would look at me like I'm stupid.I would not ever recomend that video to anyone.I would not recomend any kid show video I have seen.All the effects on the tapes would not work in NY except for a few effects on Terry Herberts video.
Kipley
View Profile
New user
New York City
45 Posts

Profile of Kipley
I have the video and use several of the games in shows and "entertainment packages" I offer. I found it very helpful and, though I was skeptical that the material would work, all the games I have tried has worked well, even in NYC where I performed full time for six years. I haven't tried everything, and yes - his performance style may not appeal to everyone. But I have incorporated his games into my shows in a way that works for me. I find the video very informative and refer back to it every few months when I'm looking for a new game or bit to add to my shows. If running games before or after a show is something you're considering adding to shows, this video is helpful.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Quote:
On 2005-04-14 15:22, SIX wrote:
I personaly thought the tape was horrible I had not received one benifit of buying the tape.None of the games would fly to much where I do shows.Kids would look at me like I'm stupid.I would not ever recomend that video to anyone.I would not recomend any kid show video I have seen.All the effects on the tapes would not work in NY except for a few effects on Terry Herberts video.

Does't sound like the tape is horrible, as much as it doesn't suit your style.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2005-04-06 21:04, srayproctor wrote:
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased this DVD to be played in the USA. If so, does the region code prevent it from being played in most US DVD players. I've previously had trouble getting DVDs from the UK to play in my US machine, even those that supposedly had no regional encoding.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

I have no problem playing his DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mark Leveridge's Magic Party DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL