The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Gigs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mccourt
View Profile
New user
London
5 Posts

Profile of mccourt
Hello,
I have been practicing magic for a very long tme now, but I've only just started really doing magic gigs.
There is a club which I'm starting to work at quite often but everyone there is smoking.
I really hate breathing in their smoke and when I've finished working I feel really ill and my suit smells so I have to get it dry cleaned every time. Smile
Any advice on what I should do?
Thanks alot,
Ross Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I wish there was a better answer then what I'm about to say but there really isn't one. The only thing you can do about this situation is to not perform in that arena or anyplace where this will be a problem for you. It just kind of goes with the territory.

If you could find a solution to the problem I'm sure you could amke millions. One solution would be if everyone quit smoking but that isn't something one person can control. It may come to that some day though.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
As an ex-smoker, I agree with you but I"M afraid what Jaxon says is correct.
Remember the Golden Rule: He who has the gold, makes the rules. And, in this case, apparently the smokers have the gold!
Gary Barnard
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
145 Posts

Profile of Gary Barnard
Yeah, sorry man. This is true. Maybe you could talk to the owner and have him make your area a non-smoking section. I doubt that would be possible, but you could try it.
Gary

"It's in the very trickery that it pleases me. But show me how
the trick is done, and I have lost my interest therein."
- Seneca the Younger, In his 45th Epistle to Lucilius
(4 B.C.-A.D. 65)
R.T.
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of R.T.
I would just try to find another place to perform...no sense in making yourself ill!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
On the other hand. I have been in places that have ventilation systems to cut the smoke down. It doesn't solve the problem but it might help a little. All I'm saying is see if the place had these (usually located on the ceiling) and see if it's working.

This isn't a solution. Just something to check into.

On a silly note. A gas mask and those suits scientists use is the only other options..Smile

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Hey - I have a simialr problem, I absolutely hate smoke, it smells disgusting and is horrible to breathe in etc etc.

Anyway I do magic becuase I love it and enjoy it. If eveyrone around me is smoking, I'm not having a good time and can't focus 100% on my magic and presentation and don't enjoy it. Therefore I won't do it.

-Niko
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Gigs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL