We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cold reading? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattstark
View Profile
New user
Matt
9 Posts

Profile of mattstark
Please help. I want to create the effect of reading into a person's past. Can you guys recommend a decent CD or book?
"your mind becomes my stage . . . your thoughts become my props"
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
Do a search... at least a dozen threads here on that topic.
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Tradecraft, cheap and imediately downloadable...
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
These are out of print and hard to come by, but any books by Herb Dewey, such as King of the Cold Readers and Red Hot Cold Readings are an incredible sources. Smile
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Keep in mind that one CD or book will not provide nearly enough insight to allow a novice to convincingly "read into a person's past." Far more study and experience will be necessary, as well as a genuine interest in people and what makes them tick -- if you truly want to attain the status of "credible reader."

However, Richard Webster has a couple excellent CDs out ("Commercial Cold Reading" and its excellent sequel) that will give you a basic idea of what is involved in beginning your first steps at learning this craft.

So many magicians look at "learning cold reading" in the same light as "learning the Snap Double Lift."

As Darmoe suggested, read some of the many other threads concerning this topic.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Mezmer
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
64 Posts

Profile of Mezmer
Get Ian Rowlands book on cold reading. It is like a bible of cold reading. Brad Henderson's book The Dance also has some good ideas.
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
For read the past you can try passages of gail sheehy
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
What method of reading are you doing?

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
You can often get some good information from some of the "skeptics" sites. Their exposure of certain techniques used by scam artists give quite a bit of insight into what was said, what was done, and how it was done.

Several sites even have "typical cold readings" you can read.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Are you looking for a scripted thing or something else like learning the skills to actually read people? Phil Goldstein used to "pull" people's license plates or phone numbers... reliably. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cold reading? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL