The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » PM's » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JonathanM
View Profile
Veteran user
Jonathan
352 Posts

Profile of JonathanM
How do you PM someone? I double clicked on the member's picture, it pulled up a text box and a place to put my username and password on the upper right corner. But it didn't accept my username and password.

While I'm here, what does "HTML is off" and "BBcode is On" mean?
Jonathan Meyer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.jonathanmagic.com
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
You need to be logged in to PM someone. There are several links available (once you are logged in) that will open the PM system. One link is in the member's profile, another is in the icon bar at the top of all their posts. Those two links will open the "Sen a PM" form and put the member's name in the "Send to" form field. There is also a link to the PM system in the link block at the top right corner of every page.

If the form didn't accept your username and password, there are several possible reasons. Your password is case-sensitive, and needs to be typed in exactly as it was given to you in the registration email you were sent. Your username isn't case-sensitive, but leading or trailing spaces, a typographical error, or stray spaces typed within the name will kick back an error. Double check these things, and post back here if you still have trouble logging in. Apparently you are in possession of the correct username/password combination, or you wouldn't have been able to post here in the first place.

"HTML is off" means that if you put HTML code in your post, it will be displayed, not rendered. This is a security measure to protect the Café from certain types of hacking.

"BBcode is On" means that the BBCode function is turned on and available should you wish to use BBCode to format your text and links in the body of your post.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » PM's » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL