The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » G. Puchinger's Impossible Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Alls I got say is wow. He sent me a pic of it and I couldn't believe how nice it is. If I had the money to get one I would. Anybody use one or have anything to say about it?
mike
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
I've been in correspondance with Mr. Puchinger the past few weeks. He is a great builder, as well as a great person to get along with. Anything I can say is 5 stars outta 5. Possibly 6 outta 5 once I see his work lol.

Magically yours,

Matt
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
What's the cost?
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
The Impossible Illusions costs from €4,850.00 Euro.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
If someone can send me the picture of this Impossible Illusion, I will be very happy. Please, email me at ssucahyo@yahoo.com
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
4,850.00 EURo = 6,290.76 USD
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hi Mystic Mike,

Would it be possible to get a short description of what the audience sees ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Hey guys;

What the audience sees is what appears to be a standard mini cube zag. Your assistant enters the box, doors are shut. Blad is inserted FROM THE SIDE not the front. Then tubes are put in as in the standard cube zag. Then the bottom pulled over. Audience thinks this is the end, but no, then you totally slide the bottom half OFF OF THE ILLUSION onto a small 'truss work' on the side. leaving you with two seperate boxes with tubes through them! Reverse all, and she comes out none the worse for wear.

Magically yours,

Matt Kielbiski
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
515 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
G. PUCHINGER`S

IMPOSSIBLE ILLUSION

The illusion looks like a normal Mini-Kub-Zag (I developed in 1987). On the left side is a device that makes it possible to move the bottom part complete to the left side, so there is no connection between top-part and bottom-part.
When you start to perform you open the front door. Audience can have a look inside. There is nothing to see, only the empty illusion. Girl enters and you shut the doors.
A big metal blade from the right side to the left , cuts the illusion into two parts. (not from the front to back like Mini-Kub-Zag).
You push the bottom part a little to the left (but at first not completely).
An octagonal metal tube is pushed through the top hole, and then another tube through the bottom hole.
And now comes the big surprise: The magican pushes the bottom part with one move complete to the left side, so there is no connection between the two parts.
You can cover the space between floor and base with a curtain so that audience thinks the girl is under the base. You remove the curtain and the space under the base is of course empty.
The hand of the girl assistant moves out of a hole in the upper part.
The illusion can be performed anywhere, close up and surrounded.
The illusion folds flat for packing, and the tubes nest together.
Flat size is approxemately: 3 feet long, 2 feet 3 inches deep, 1 foot 2 inches high. (without tubes).
No big car necessary.
A full professional effect.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Any photos available?
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
A great alternative to this cube Zag is Jack Murrays Konundrum Kube you can view it at dream-illusions.com its about $3000 less than the cube zag and comes with a hard ata case included
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Does Mr. Puchinger have a website? I'd really like to see his work. Also, has anyone bought and recieved anything from him? Magic Monkichi: Does he correspond well in English? Have you spoken to him onthe phone?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Christian Dux
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Christian Dux
Guido Neunkirchen sells now exclusively Puchinger illusions.
His homepage is http://www.startrixx.de
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
From what it looks like to me .. they are making copies of other peoples work. I could be wrong .. but that looks a lot like Ayala's Death Trap Illusion .. the one with the double buzz saw blades. There was a version of Sidekick on there too.

I just took a quick look .. but for some reason, outside of the U.S. it's seems like everything is fair game .. what's up with that??

Steve
Chris Murphy
View Profile
New user
Brisbane, Australia
64 Posts

Profile of Chris Murphy
Quote:
I just took a quick look .. but for some reason, outside of the U.S. it's seems like everything is fair game .. what's up with that??

Looks to me like a lot of copying goes on in the USA too... if we're pointing fingers!

I've found that my colleagues here in Australia have a great amount of respect for others intellectual property - there is very little ripping off of illusions occuring here now and from what I know (and I know a lot but somebody may have slipped one by me!!!) none at all amongst the professionals.

Europe is a problem, though - perhaps it's the language barrier and the message just can't get through, but things do seem to get copied there more so than elsewhere. Obviously there is one major offender who opens the floodgates for others and I suspect that is the starting point for this behaviour.

This has personally affected me... I found out earlier this year that a French "builder" (and I'll use the term lightly) is ripping off my Evolution illusion, so it's not only Americans falling victim to European rip-offs. (For the record, his rip off copy looks like absolute rubbish and he doesn't even know the intricacies of the method.)

Chris.
Chris Murphy
www.sliceofmagic.com
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
I was a few years ago visiting Mr. Puchinger and he is a very friendly person. His website is: http://www.gpuchinger.de
A bought a few things from him and you have a 100% satisfaction guaranty. I had once problems with my table I bought, he repaired it and send it to me back free, no costs for my. Great man.

Markus
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
A french builder who has ripping your ''Evolution'' illusion? I live in France, but I never heard this thing. What is the name of him? There are not many illusions builder in France. Christian Cecile is the best.
For the problem of the barrier of language, it is true that is it a problem . But for me, the problem is that Studio Dominik has explosed the market with lots of illusions but with a quality low or just passable.

In this way, lots of magician wants to have a better show, and buy those illusions. Some on them works, some of them works not (with dominik, we don't know if the illusion will really work)When it don't work, what they do? They modifie (change) some things, they made a better gimmick, they re-build 1 or 2 little things..and it works (maybe not with the same impact than the original...ok..but it's work..).

So Here, in Europe (I live in France) it will become the course of the best great illusions show! And Magicians have INTERLUDE, ORIGAMI (all ripped with good or bad similar to the original), SHRINKER (lot of copies too), MODERN ART etc etc...
They have big show for a cost very lower than if they bought them in the original builder! I tried to buy my illusion in USA (and in France; we have YoGANO !) or create my personnal props. But if you want to work in the businness, you must be competing . The impressarios and producers haven't the knowledge of what is wrong , what is not wrong. They says : ''OK but I have other magicians who perform that trick or that effet''(SHRINKER,WALKIN THRU MIRROR,TRANSPARENT SAWING, etc ..and lot of copies of LAS VEGAS EFFECT from Copperfield, Burton, ALAYA, RICK THOMAS or BRETT DANIELS).
Ok that is only copies ...just copies... But what a hard work,what a spend of money if you want have some work, some shows ,here, if you buy only in the Permitted illusions builder ! Because of lots the magicians who present illusions without the rights...But , them, They have some work ! And if I want continue in the business (10 years..), it is a real battle...

Last thing : We are all ok to say that ripping an illusion (the idea, the effect, the design)is a bad thing; and I spoke about Dominik for the low quality effects.

But there are in Europe (not in France also) great builders who made ripp off ..but with a great great quality for reasonnable price..or for the same price than the original!! But the barrier of language is most simple. We can speak in bad english (like me Smile or in french or in german! I know an american builder who have an incredible accent; even with a knowlege of english (just school english) and even slowly, I have very very problem to understand the words! I know american builder who can not give me a price, and this is one of the best (OWEN MAGIC SUPREME)! When they even answer ! But Bill Smith is very quick to answer and give some prices. For John Caughan and Mr Steinmeyer...I don't know, I never contact them.

Sorry for this long post. Here , the businness is harder (maybe than in USA or England), the competition is hard too and it give the place for ripper builder. For me, it is a economic problem...
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
LAST THING SORRY : Why the USA builders don't sell their illusions to the dealer in Europe? I NEVER seen an real ORIGAMI from Steinmeyer in a shop here or even in a catalog!!! Just Dominik copy or other ripp builders! That is another reason ..
And the last it is easier to make a visit to PUSHINGER (for example) than take the airplane to go in the USA. I think that if we have the possibilites of see in the magic shop the ORIGINAL illusions, the magicians can really see the difference !!
Chris Murphy
View Profile
New user
Brisbane, Australia
64 Posts

Profile of Chris Murphy
Stephane,

I've PMd you a link to the builder's site where you'll see an ad for the Evolution rip-off. Sorry but I don't want to promote him in public by giving his web site or name here and it's gratifying to hear that you've not heard of this.

As I said, rip-offs are not just exclusive to Europe, my initial post actually related to Steve's comment about everything being fair game "outside of the US". I think for example that there is only one authorised builder of Puchinger's Mini Kub Zag in the US but at least one other US builder seems to build that prop, so there's a current case right there of a US builder ripping off a European builder. Let's also not forget that the first person to copy and perform the Zig-Zag illusion (at a time when Robert Harbin wished to exclusively perform his own famous creation) was from the USA (Chicago I believe Steve, just to ram home the point...), and I've recently seen his work recommended here. This is an issue no matter where you live, it's just that the size of the issue may be bigger in some places.

I think it's fair to say that the need you outlined to compete financially and stay in business is the same no matter where you are in the world and that this does drive the decisions made by some people to use unauthorised props. That decision is probably made easier by both lack of information to the contrary and by locally available price competitive products. We are lucky here in Australia because there is not a local supplier of rip-off illusions to drive this problem and this makes it easier for people to decide to the right thing, even as a purely financial decision. There have been rip off illusions here in Australia too in the past, it's just that the problem seems to have subsided in recent years with everybody I know trying to do the right thing. However since I made my previous comment about the state of rip-offs in Australia, I have recalled one definite pirate prop which is still being performed here on a regular basis so I could stand to be corrected on others. So, the work is on-going and the problem is everywhere!

Another long post... sorry!
Chris.
Chris Murphy
www.sliceofmagic.com
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
What funny is that the exchange rate of the EURO to the dollar, the illusions only cost 50% of what they did when the dollar and EURO were equal a few years back.

In other words, a $10,000 illusion in the US is $5,000 Euros. Quite a bargan. I'm not sure of duty's in other countries, but I would think the total cost would be less.

Chris, I have the same problem with people trying to rip off my wireless software. Seems global IP laws havent kept up with the global economy.

But it all comes down to ethics.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » G. Puchinger's Impossible Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL