The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » John Bannon (If you are a fan then read this!!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
I am excited to let you all know that John Bannon has said his new book, "Dear Mister Fantasy", is in the printers and is due out right when the LMVI convention starts on....JUNE 12!! Start marking off the days on your calender people! This is an all card book by John Bannon! He promises it to be very good and including:

"Dear Mr. Fantasy contains, among other things, Ace Assemblies (classic-style), a Triumph variation, some mathematical card tricks and locations, and a self-working poker deal"

I'm counting the days!
roya
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
211 Posts

Profile of roya
We've been waiting for so long! Awesome news!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I thought it was to be called "Cardzilla"? Or is that another book in the works by him?
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
Nope...it changed title I think
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Does anyone know if the new book will repeat anything from his first two books, in particular "smoke and mirrors"? I don't have smoke and mirrors, but have heard good things about it, but obviously won't pursue the purchase of the new book if it is a compilation of the old.

thanks
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
roya
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
211 Posts

Profile of roya
As far as I know, this book is only new stuff by Bannon.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
807 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 15:45, pepka wrote:
I thought it was to be called "Cardzilla"? Or is that another book in the works by him?

Here's a quote from John Bannon from the genii forums that will answer this question and give you some more information about the book.

Quote:
Thanks to all for your interest and support.

I wanted to clear up any mystery about a forthcoming book. I have drafted a new book, called Dear Mr. Fantasy, which requires only (only!) final editing, some credit cites, photos, illustrations and production. The project is not vaporware and has its own critical mass, but is moving glacially. I had hoped to have it done already, but real life got in the way. Due to professional demands, I will not get back to it until November, so 2003 does not look likely. I am aiming for early 2004, hopefully in time for FFFF in April.

While not the magnum opus “Cardzilla” (that one must come later), Dear Mr. Fantasy will be all card tricks and all done with a regular deck (except for one packet trick). Among other things, the book will feature: “Degrees Of Freedom” (it’s not a card trick, it’s a toy); “Bullet Train” (a routine of three Ace assemblies; iconoclastic, syncopated, and interrobang); and “The Power Of Poker” (a bonus self-working poker deal by Dave Solomon).

Some of the material was previewed in my lecture at the TSD convention earlier this year. I note the discussion of “Last Man Standing,” and I am glad it seems to be surviving the crucible. If there is interest, I’ll post the current write-up (though no photos/illustrations yet) on Chris Aguilar’s “Conjure Nation” board.

Thanks again.

Here's where it's posted at: http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/u......00097;p=
Free_Mind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Free_Mind
Yes the quote in my original post is the latest from Bannon himself. He will be having a book of ONLY card effects that are BRAND NEW. However (to DOCELK) I would highly recomend searching out for S and M as it is a FANTASTIC book. There is enough good material in there to create an entire restaurant act. I am currently reading it and it is fantastic.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thanks for this information!!! Smile Smile Smile
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Gary Kruse
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs
146 Posts

Profile of Gary Kruse
I think I just found the only item I'll be putting on my Father's Day Wish List!

Gary
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
I will have to get this one!
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Awesome
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Any news to this? Out on June 12th? Still?
Anyone know how much will it be?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1672 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Does Bannon have a website?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2005-05-06 23:28, David Eichler wrote:
Does Bannon have a website?

Not that I know of
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
He is creating one to promote the book.

Matt Field
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Then what I said in an other thread, that I guessed that he is going to publish the book himself, must have had been accurate.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
It's 1 month away..when is he gonna take pre orders?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2005-05-07 05:33, MField2000 wrote:
He is creating one to promote the book.

And the url is . . . ?
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
15th of May now...can't wait
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » John Bannon (If you are a fan then read this!!) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL