The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown back on TV » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
Some of what Derren does is suggestion and "persuasion", but I suspect people are right when it comes to him not doing pre-hypnosis personally. I don't doubt that he can't as that's how he started off, but, well, I don't know.

All in all, it's a good show, no matter how manufactured anything in it is.

To people saying the problem is that people think everything he does is sugestion-based, I'm not sure that is a problem. It's just patter, and good for Objective (and Derren) for making it stick this long. Especially with magicians.
scarbo
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of scarbo
Quote:
On 2005-04-25 18:34, Nick23 wrote:

Just watched ep3. Was ok, the only good one in my opinion was the last time keeping effect.

I thought this show was excellent, probably the best of the three. Strangely enough though, I didn't think the time keeping effect was all that good or interesting. The obvious way to do it wasn't in any way ruled out, so it didn't grab me at all from the start. Good gag in the second phase, mind.

I notice Luke Jermay was credited as Programme Consultant - wonder where his input manifested itself? Anyone notice his name in the credits of the previous shows? Wondering if it's just a one-off...
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
And the Three of Hearts one with the 'human deck of cards'. That was good too.

But I thought was certainly the weakest of the three, definitely entertained me the least.
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Quote:
I notice Luke Jermay was credited as Programme Consultant - wonder where his input manifested itself? Anyone notice his name in the credits of the previous shows? Wondering if it's just a one-off...

Hey guys!

I spoke to Luke Jemray after his show in London and aksed him what he thought about derren Brown. He said Derren was a friend and he really liked his stuff. He also said it was a pleasure to work with derren and Andy Nyman as a consultant for the upcoming Trick of the Mind series. So I guess he is a consultant for the hole series.

He also signed my copy of seven deceptions - top LAD!..lol

Chris
baker street
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of baker street
Luke was a one off, but yes, you could call them friends I guess.

baker street
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I may have been mistaken about what Luke said, I'd had a few jars! He said he was involved in barinstroming which sounds mega.
Chris
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
I like Baker Street, I'm just not so sure about Derren any more Smile

When 'forumadmin' DVB's writing is somewhat more simplistic, btw.
tache magic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of tache magic
I am pre-op at the moment so I have very little time. I will be recouperating in chester which gives me the willies. My love to all my members.

Magic myke

He's got this dream about buyin' some land
He's gonna give up the booze and the one night stands
And then he'll settle down in some quiet little town
And forget about everything
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown back on TV » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL