The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Source for envelopes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
234 Posts

Profile of symbolicthought
Hi.

I'm living in sweden, and its very hard to buy manilla envelopes here. I was in UK, and got my hands on some envelopes with the opening on the narrow end of the envelope. However, this envelope was quite brown, the ones used in dvds are more orange in color.

Could anyone direct me to a source of envelopes suitable for doing double envelopes, lesleys special envelopes and so on? A web link would be great. And yes, I have searched on google, but cant find it.

Greetings from sweden
Gary Barnard
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
145 Posts

Profile of Gary Barnard
Well, you could try going to http://www.officemax.com or http://www.staples.com. Hope you find what you need man.

Gary
Gary

"It's in the very trickery that it pleases me. But show me how
the trick is done, and I have lost my interest therein."
- Seneca the Younger, In his 45th Epistle to Lucilius
(4 B.C.-A.D. 65)
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
394 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Unfortunately, I don't believe Office Max or Staples ships outside the U.S. At least, last time I discussed this with a few persons outside the U.S. that is what they said.
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
Check out Thomas Henry's web site for the CD entitled "DIY Templates for Magic & Mentalism" <www.midwest-analog.com/templates>

The CD includes templates and instructions to make 8 different types of envelopes. They can be gimmicked or not. Thomas gives many references and links, but no secrets belonging to others.

The price is reasonable and I recommend it highly.

Mark Ross
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
394 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Mark,

I highly recommend the CD, too. But, and I hate being the bearer of more bad news, Thomas disabled that link and stopped selling the CD quite some time ago because of net pirates.
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
symbolicthought
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
234 Posts

Profile of symbolicthought
Guys. The envelopes at officemax is just what I need. However, they don't seem to ship overseas. I wonder if anyone of you could sell me 250 or so envelopes?

Guys. I found a source. I just wonder, anyone here using Kraft envelope, or Columbian? Is the gum okey on these, because I bought some in uk, with real bad gum on..they really have to seal you know... its the envelopes on Amazon.com Im looking at

Guys, sorry... but amazon doesn't want to send envelopes to sweden... Anyone knows of a place that does? Or, anyone that can sell me some?
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
What size are you looking for? Maybe we can work something out. I know of a couple item I seem to only find in Europe. Send me a message of what you are looking for.
justforeffect
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, UK
153 Posts

Profile of justforeffect
You could try http://www.ryman.co.uk. I think you need to send an e-mail to them, it doesn't seem to say if they ship abroad or not.

Hope this helps.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
If you can find paper in the color you want to use, just use an old one for a template.
k
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Don't forget about eBay. They have a UK site too.
I've bought coin envelopes that way.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Did you receive the ones I sent to you?
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Seriously, even a country like Sweden has to have them.
Your problem might be though, that you probably have to buy them directly from the manufacturer, and by the thousand.
You may also find that you have to represent a registred company to be allowed to purchase the items directly.

The prices in this country, are NOK650,-/1000 (equal to US$100,-) for small envelopes, and NOK850,-/1000 for larger, perfect for poker size playing cards.

If you don't need too many envelopes, just make them yourself. It isn't that complicated.

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Source for envelopes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL