The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Zig zag cabinet wheels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
I just had a zig zag made by Jim Sommers. The wheels don't lock. I guess that's so it can be spun around during the performance. Should the wheels lock for safety reasons???
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
If you want locking wheels that spin around and lock try looking up faultless.
redwine
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of redwine
Zig-Zag wheels don't necessary need to lock. Unless you are on a cruiseship then everything needs to lock. However you are wise to consider the girls safety as she is basically climbing in and out of a bookcase built on a skateboard. The wheels should respond easily to your pushing and pulling however they should not be so good that the cabinet skoots out from under her. On Modern Art and Compressed we use smallish rubber wheels that look like black pool balls. They are cheap and up to the task. Save the big buck wheels for the case. 3-4 inch colson casters could set you back 60 bucks
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Lothar,

Wheels that will lock are certainly worth the investment. If for nothing else, they will protect your equipment backstage and in storage.

I have wheels on our Chalet subtrunk (as most pros would for handling purposes). However, the stage crew chocks the wheels so that when we stand on it, it doesn't move. Within 15 seconds after the curtain closes, it is rolled into storage for the night. (It even has pull straps!)

Spend the extra two or three dollars a wheel for the locks. They are well worth it.

Good Luck!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Zig zag cabinet wheels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL