The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Disc of Mind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Is anyone familiar with this "new" product:

The very latest from Germany's Magiro, Disc of Mind is a truly amazing close-up mentalism effect! Display a six-sided plastic disc with six different colored spots, one on each side. It looks quite simple and ordinary.
While you turn your back, a spectator thinks of one colored spot. You immediately turn around and, without question or hesitation, name the exact color she had selected.
Nothing is written. Nothing is spoken. Yet, you are correct every single time. And, it can be repeated immediately! Completely self-working.
Magiro has worked for a long time on this out of this world miracle. Cannon has created a diabolical method of performance. While the props look perfectly innocent, the work involved in producing them is intense. Magiro can produce only than 3 pieces a day! So, Disc of Mind is available in very limited numbers! Available exclusively form Hank Lee's Magic Factory, and nowhere else.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Uhmmm... only the disc is used?

Because if the pocketbok and the pen play a part in the method, I guess this can be very similar - if not the same - to an effect put out by John Cornelius (around 10 years ago).

If I recall its correct name, it was called MI PRINCIPLE.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
A disc with 6 sides? How...?
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Quote:
On 2005-04-13 11:50, Candini wrote:
Display a six-sided plastic disc with six different colored spots, one on each side. It looks quite simple and ordinary.

Yeah, I mean we all have one of them lying around, don't we?..
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yeah, probably just a great ad...I love quick, in your face mentalism for strolling. Not a lot of "new" stuff out there. I use Animental and business coin prediction. Love 4th dimensional and Name and Place but it takes a bit too long to have my spectators seated away from the band that long. I also have a few other distractions.

SOrry to get OT but anyways, thanks for some feedback on this.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2050 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2005-04-13 12:50, Craig Leonard wrote:

Yeah, I mean we all have one of them lying around, don't we?..

Jerry Andrus probably does.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
richpoyle
View Profile
Regular user
UK
116 Posts

Profile of richpoyle
Quote:
On 2005-04-13 11:50, Candini wrote:
"A six-sided plastic disc with six different colored spots, one on each side. It looks quite simple and ordinary."

What's so 'ordinary' about that? Sounds like something you'd find in a kids magic set.

What's wrong with the spectator just *choosing* or *thinking of* a colour, without resorting to using some ridiculous sounding disc?
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
This is from Magiro also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ymB531HzYQ
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
That's Piff the Magic Dragon at the end ....
E.O.I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Disc of Mind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL