The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Card splitting figured out... FINALLY!!!! Well, sort of. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
I still can't split Bicycles into 2 even pieces but I found that if I score the side I need to remove lightly with an X-Acto knife in a grid, I can take off that whole side a piece at a time without tearing the opposite side. I made a DB and a DF to use for Mark Wilson's Two Card Monte. It took four cards this way but at least I now have the set I wanted.

Sammy the Kid
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
It is not necessary to score the piece to remove it. You can, in fact, remove a piece intact and use that for another card. If you hold the thin layer to the table, and pull evenly on the thicker piece, you can get the piece to split easily. The Art of Card Splitting dvd has everything you need to know about splitting cards, and can often be found for sale here on the Café. Good luck -
willem
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of willem
Thanks for the good advice
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The Guru on Card Splitting Marty Martini. He has a great DVD and even better is his lecture. Go see it if you can.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Card splitting figured out... FINALLY!!!! Well, sort of. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL