The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion Building? Help!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cao314159
View Profile
New user
Seattle
87 Posts

Profile of Cao314159
(Sorry in advance for spelling)

My name is Caleb. I am sure this has been discussed to death, but I was not able to find any other specific thread that discussed it. If someone finds it, I will just post there. I, over the last 3 years, have designed over 15 unique and new illusions. These are very large and grand illusions. I have discussed these effects with magicians, and they all seem to be stumped and excited. I have built a few, but I have no time to arrange a show or perform in one at this time. For the others, I have detailed blueprints and routining descriptions. I am not sure where to go from here! Should I build them, make videos of them and sell them? Should I not build them and save them until I can do a show? Should I take all the plans and do a "poor-mans-patent?" Should I market them to many people or only license to one? I have music for all of these, and I have obtained permission and paied for royalties for most of them. These are almost-complete packages, and I am sure I and others would be very happy with them. I have no problem being an illusion builder, as I feel that is a very rewarding career. I come from a line of contractors, and I like to build things. If I could get some input I would be appreciative!!

Caleb Corey
Cao314159@yahoo.com
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
Caleb, many builders like myself are looking for new and fresh ideas to share with the magic community. If you believe you have something to offer, make contact with us.

Jack
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
We have a magic builders group over at http://www.pmzz.org/messages . The brainchild of Tabby Crabb, this group focuses on magic builder.

Feel free to join us there, as well as here at TMC. Both places have a wealth of information.
R.T.
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of R.T.
That's pretty awesome Caleb! I hope to see your work someday
Cao314159
View Profile
New user
Seattle
87 Posts

Profile of Cao314159
Thank you all for suggestions. Mr. Murray, I might have some pictures up soon, and I will contact you.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Caleb,

You certainly sound very creative. Richer, Michael Baker, and the Tabman can be found here on The Magic Café somewhere near the Workshop. But you might like to meet with them sometime through PMZZ. The Tabman has a banner here on The Café. The crew brings a lot of experience to the table. Plus as you can see from their posts in Not Very Magical But, they enjoy each other too.

I look forward to reading more about your ideas.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion Building? Help!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL