The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Jay Sankey! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Atown88
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
49 Posts

Profile of Atown88
Hey I was just wondering whats your favorite effect of Jay Sankey. I like performing his trick Leaving Home

Anthony
krist0pher
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of krist0pher
I'm guilty of being a bit of a Sankey clone at times :/ so I do a lot of his effects. I'd have to say,...the first one I learned from him would be my favorite, because it was easy and I do it with no problems. It's called "Graffitti".
Kristopher Scofield

Myspace.com/imkrisscofield
Gary Barnard
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
145 Posts

Profile of Gary Barnard
I like the Magus Capsule. I have one ordered, it should be on it's way. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is.

Gary
Gary

"It's in the very trickery that it pleases me. But show me how
the trick is done, and I have lost my interest therein."
- Seneca the Younger, In his 45th Epistle to Lucilius
(4 B.C.-A.D. 65)
Bohh
View Profile
Regular user
Northeast Ohio
162 Posts

Profile of Bohh
Holy Moly is pretty good. Easy to carry around with you at all times. To the layman it looks amazing. To the magician..eh, but it's not for us, now is it!? Smile
Tabasco
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
219 Posts

Profile of Tabasco
Ring circus
the biggest card trick exchange center,
we have over 1600 tricks in our indexes.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Sankey has some great stuff!

I like his 'Stirring Silver' and 'Paper Clipped'.
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
I LOVE Sankey's material. He is a genious!! My favourite effects include Holy Moly, Coins Across (all of them), and Back in Time.
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
For some reason a lot of his effects, although being different, feel the same. At least to me. Way too much card stuff.
But I like his presentation.

My personal favourite would be "Found Money" it is just too visual to believe.

mmG Roland
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I can't remember the name, but it's on Revolutionary Card Magic, where the queens eat three other cards. I saw him do this at a lecture, and when he turned the four queens over cleanly showing there were NO other cards, every single magican there was floored. We thought he was hiding them cards....he wasn't, they were gone. I love this effect. It's a bit "move-y" at first, but it's a really killer.
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Quote:
On 2005-04-16 20:09, Jordini wrote:
I can't remember the name, but it's on Revolutionary Card Magic, where the queens eat three other cards. I saw him do this at a lecture, and when he turned the four queens over cleanly showing there were NO other cards, every single magican there was floored. We thought he was hiding them cards....he wasn't, they were gone. I love this effect. It's a bit "move-y" at first, but it's a really killer.

I believe it's called the "Cannibal Cards." I got to go to his Toronto lecture, and I must say that he owned us all with his tricks. Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Sankey Rules! I just wish he'd clean up the language a bit, it offends my girlfriend! I have to use headphones when I watch his stuff, LOL!

That said, I do the Three Ring Circus. One of the BEST, in my opinion. You CANNOT go wrong with Magus Capsule either...it's Cups & Balls "kicked up a notch"!

:bg:

Doug
mikeflex
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of mikeflex
I'm relatively new here, but have been able to deduce that Jay Sankey is somehow affiliated with Penguin Magic - Correct?

Is he the guy doing all of the demo videos?

Again, sorry for my ignorance.
Bohh
View Profile
Regular user
Northeast Ohio
162 Posts

Profile of Bohh
He does some demo videos. Namely the ones for his effects. You're probally seeing Oz Pearlman, he does a lot of Penguin demos.

Jay Sankey is the shorter person in my picture <-- over there. I'm the other guy.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
I'm also in favor of Sankey, I really like his up-tempo style.
There are not many magicians who invent as many tricks as he does, of cause they are not all great, still routines like: In a Flash, Paper-Clipped, Back in Time, Newspaper Prediction, Mr. Clean Coins Across, Copper/Silver/Sankey, What If and Head Spin are really good effects.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
dom
View Profile
New user
italy/UK
17 Posts

Profile of dom
I'm sincerely surprised to see so many people being fond of jay sankey and his magic. I've got seven dvds of him, none of them has really impressed me, his stuff is everything but innovative (in most cases is repetitive), he has got no pattern lines at all for his routines.
would you ever compare him with Ammar, Daryl, Malone, etc.?
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Mr. Clean Coins Accross. I can't do it, but it's wonderful to see him do it.
~Joe
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Quote:
On 2005-04-19 15:42, dom wrote:
I'm sincerely surprised to see so many people being fond of jay sankey and his magic. I've got seven dvds of him, none of them has really impressed me, his stuff is everything but innovative (in most cases is repetitive), he has got no pattern lines at all for his routines.
would you ever compare him with Ammar, Daryl, Malone, etc.?

Hope I understand you wrong when you write that you had to get seven (7) Sankey DVD`s to find out that you don't like his style...? Smile

I agree his repeating and recycling a lot of his sleights and routines, still I belive he has tributed much to magic, and especially to beginners with his humour, teaching skills and many stunning easy to master routines..

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I don't have any Sankey effects....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
reno55
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of reno55
Killer KEy is my favorite. Also his earplugs dvd is great!
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Quote:
On 2005-04-15 20:46, Atown88 wrote:
Hey I was just wondering whats your favorite effect of Jay Sankey. I like performing his trick Leaving Home

Anthony

Is this similar to the trick released by MAK called Coming Home?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Jay Sankey! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL