The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Transposition effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
443 Posts

Profile of scolman
I am currently working on a routine that requires a small figurine to be "magically" transported from one box into another. The figure is placed into one box (the box is closed) after a moment or two, the box is opened to show the figure has vanished. A previously empty box on the other side of the table is now opened to reveal the figure. I want to avoid a kind of peanut butter and jelly type routine so if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. PM me if there's an exposure risk.
Simon
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
How small is the figure and how heavy is it?
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
443 Posts

Profile of scolman
It's about 3 inches and only weighs a couple of grams (its plastic). Is weight an issue here? Pray do tell!
Simon

I've just seen an old "wandering Mummy" effect. Something like that would be suitable for my needs? Any ideas?
Simon
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
There is always more than 1 way to do most anything. Have you tried doing a false transfer? 3 inches tall might be a stretch depending on the size of your hands but if the audience perceives it to be in your left hand, and that hand is lowered into a box with no top, you could pull your empty hand out and they would think it's in box #1. You could load the figure into box #2 from the rear, then reach in with your other hand and pull it out. Both boxes could be shown empty prior and after the effect. If you are looking for something more mechanical with no slights, PM me and I'll show you how I would accomplish moving a 3 inch, several gram object from box 1 to box 2. It won't be something for street magic, more like parlor or stage since it would be an apparatus verses slight of hand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Transposition effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL