The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Airtime (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Any idee who has the "airtime" illusion for sale on magicauction ?
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
You better have a nice deep pocket :O)

William Kennedy made it so it is quality built.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
I think Willie Kennedy is the only guys who is allowed to build it, but I could have heard wrong. I know a guy who has one and yeah its a nice prop, but I think Rick Thomas' version and adaptation is much stronger and it doesn't look like the magician is sitting, more like he's actually floating with Thomas'. It could also be the performer, the only guy I've ever seen do it was John Gabriel on WGM, and in my opinion it did not look very convincing, but maybe I'm too picky...
DANSPERRY.COM
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Yeah and look at the weight of that thing. 2 cases 900 lbs a piece
Magic Nathan
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Magic Nathan
Not convincing...too heavy....

C'mon...we'd ALL buy it if we could afford it!

Nathan
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Ok maybe everyone did not read right....

---
Additional Upgrades - 2 back plates for assistant: the original smaller plate and larger custom plate providing more support for assistants back. Hoop incased in wood crate within levitation cases, full black art package for levitation, towers break into 6 foot sections, extra hardware, tools and assembly video included.
---

In the cases there is a FULL BLACK ART package....just thing about what that weights in itself. That is why it is heavy.

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Sperris,

Zigmont sais on his web that Bill Smith from Magic Ventures has aswell the right to build it.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Oh ok, so I did hear wrong, I'm pretty skeptical about what I hear so I'm careful about what to post on here. I had only known Kennedy to be the only builder of it, but it doesn't surprise me either that Bill Smith builds it too. Regardless, it still doesn't really change my opinion. I don't call myself an illusionist or an expert but from what I've seen of it I'm still not convinced the audience is truely amazed by it. I think Rick's is great because he's up there and before you can swallow your breath he's back down and she's gone. The other dude I saw do it stayed up there too long in my opinion, it gave people time to burn it and think about it rather than be taken back in awe. Buuuuuuuut like I said I don't consider myself an illusionist, I have a few illusions so I'm not green or anything, but I just don't' think its a practical thing for not just a touring show but a stationary show as well. That kind of money could be spent one something better
DANSPERRY.COM
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Sperris thanks for a great opinion. But it is good to see what others think about the illusion itself. Weather you are an illusionist or not :O)

Michael
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
I think The double lev is a great illusion but I do believe it is weird to have the magician fly up and then remain in one place in the air for an extended period. Air Time has the problem of trying to look like a free flying but in reality your movement is very noticeably constricted. The illusion as well as most any illusion would be awesome given the right coreography and music. But I don't think it is the best my money could buy. Maybe if the whole stage could be lit up it would be a different story but so much Black art kind of hints that there is something going on.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
Hmmmmm......"something going on" ? I almost made a purchase until you got me on this one !
Just kidding !
This illusion is not for everyone - I have seen it "in the light" and must tell you that there is definately something going on !

Steven
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
I imagine set-up for this to be quite a chore as well. I dunno it's cool but ultimately I imagine it's something you would grow to dislike. I mean setting it up and tearing it down every single time you move from venue to venue. I dunno what it would be like to tour in a medium sized illusion show with this puppy. but I imagine I would rather spend my time preparing mentally for my performance than setting up a double levitation. and if you spend so much time adjusting the lighting and adjustting the prop for each different venue does that detract signifigantly from the tech rehearsal for some of your other illusions? everytime you hit a new theatre you got a whole new set of problems to deal with and I think the last thing you should be worrying about is your 1800lb levitation an hour before showtime.
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Kline
Keep in mind, that this is not a touring illusion ! Unless of course, you have a decent size crew - this is more of a main stay for a production run.
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I've never worked with this illusion in particular, but I have actually *toured* with a rig quite similar to it, and yes, it is a chore! It took a pretty decent size crew to get the job done, and it still ended up being omitted from 50% of the shows.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Airtime (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.52 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL