The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Torn and Restored Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rogerj
View Profile
New user
Southern New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of rogerj
Hey guys,
Now Im not looking for the best looking torn and restored per say but my question is....what is the most practical torn and restored card out there? Which one can I perform inches from the audience all the time in the real world as they stare at me when I bring out the deck to when I put it back in the box.....A lot of times I find myself performing in front of their face....which one makes this possible...
Thanks for any input.
ROGERJ
For by GRACE are you saved through faith and not of YOURSELVES it is the GIFT of God NOT OF WORKS so no man can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9
All RogerJ products can be found at www.skilledmagic.8k.com
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I don't do any T&R card effects, but I've been hearing a TON of great stuff about Daniel Garcia's TORN DVD. Many have been discussed before, check out some of the other threads using the Café's search feature at the top of the page.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Ok, there are a few torn and restored card effects that can be done rightt up close and here is just a few. I will rate them myself out of 10, 10 being the best.
Hood wink-4
Torn-9
Reformation-7
Hell-5
Heal-5
Healing Touch-5
Unripped-7
Torched and Retored-6
Fusion-7
Seamless-4
Phoenix rising-8
Resurexxion-7
Warped and Restored-6

The ratings given are not based on how good I think they are, but how good they are for performing real closeup, like right infront of them. It is also a rating callaborated with angles, set up etc. Those are just my views, if anyone would like to add to them or add there own, be my guest
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
I can't say which Tand R is the best because best is an opinion, however the most practical is warped and restored . This effect cand be done surronded and inches form the spectators faces . warped and restored is totally impromptu there is no preperation ,duplicate cards or palming, this is a one card effect , also this routine can also be done with busuiness cards.....
if you are fan of card warp then warped and restored should be on your list of torn and resrtored effects..
MagicTaylor
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of MagicTaylor
I have many T&R routines, but Re-Attached and it is easiest and most practical. There is a video of it at Murphys Magic. The guy who created it posts here at the Café-- Jaymz023 I think is his name here.

I also have learned many others on the list above. I like Re-Attached best though-but that's just MY opinion.

Taylor
rogerj
View Profile
New user
Southern New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of rogerj
Great thanks for the input....
Lo-Key, where can I find warped and restored?
Thanks
ROGERJ
For by GRACE are you saved through faith and not of YOURSELVES it is the GIFT of God NOT OF WORKS so no man can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9
All RogerJ products can be found at www.skilledmagic.8k.com
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
Quote:
On 2005-04-16 21:44, rogerj wrote:

where can I find warped and restored?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4024470
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
It also depends on what type of T&R you want to do. There are all at once, piece by piece, and flash restorations. I personally find flash restorations more practical for everyday use. In that category, which is on Chuds' list, there is Warped and Restored by Vinny Marini, Torched and Restored by Brent Braun, and my own Phoenix Rising. Each one has been reviewed on the Café. Again, these are named on Chuds' list.

Later,
James
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I like Re-Attached the most hehe I didn't create it or anything lol You can see a video of that at http://www.re-attached.info

I also like Phoenix Rising as far as flash restorations go. James did a great job on that one.

Thanks for the post Taylor and I hope you are having fun with the trick! Smile
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
dam0n
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of dam0n
I think we shouldn't make too big a deal out which torn and restored is the best,
each have their pro's and con's in terms of their visual appearence, cleanliness as well as difficulty of handling....much of the magic is created when you know when to pause, how to pace your trick, eye contact, body language and so on.

for me, I'm currently using Daniel Garcia's torn, and it works for me, if you pay attention to the technical details, it does have its faults, but its your job to draw their attention to what you actually want them to see..having said tht, torn is visually amazing and amazingly easy..with a little bit of hard work to get it done smoothly, it's technique also isn't technically demanding at all ...

but I don't think you'd want to get to close to the audience when performing this ...makes it a bit more....risky......=)
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Roger send me a pm with your email address, and I will send a demo of warped and restored......
,and to any one else interested in the effect
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
I find the T & R by J.C. Wagner really cool, its found on the V5 of Michael Ammar's Easty To Master Card Miracles.

Zac
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
anthonyb
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of anthonyb
Search through this and other forums (fora or forii? Forget my poorLatin) for many threads on T&R card.

The le Paul (in his book) is excellent and I have found both successful and ideal for strolling performances.
Anthony Brahams
www.thecairnpress.com
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
It's great to have a few methods and approaches up your sleeve!

To the audience the effect is the same - T&R. By varying the tequniques used to acomplish the effect you are always free to choose the best for any particular circumstance.

Cheers

BH
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
another guest
View Profile
Regular user
.Malaysia.
128 Posts

Profile of another guest
All piece by piece T&R can be peformed inches from the audience.. I think its just a matter of preference.
House
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I would also like to add Re-Attatched to my list witha rating of 4, and Jc wagners one tear at a time at 6. I don't dislke re-attatched but for me persoanlly,i don't like it. When I first got into magic, I thought if someone was ripping something up and putting it back together, they just rip it up and switch it for another, unfortunately, this is basically what is done here. I just feel there are better versions that can be signed and end up completely restored like torn and reformation. Lance says in the booklet that he is sure someone can make it a named card version, well id did, but then it isn't reattatched, I also made it signed, but then it isn't reattatched
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Re-attached is nice, but I'll stick with Yves Ripped and Restored. Smile I've got Dan's T&R but it's on vhs and the quality isn't the greatest.
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Re-Attached suffers from one flaw...it isn't examinable at the end unless you switch. This is a major flaw in any T&R. If you can get past this then that is the method for you. It is easy and the angles are great. If you want a full restoration that is examinable the most practical has got to be Torn by Daniel Garcia. All restorations besides the second one are pretty easy and have good angles. The second restoration is very tricky on angles and takes some work to get looking good.
I don't really buy the argument of restorations like Seamless that people don't fold the cards to tear them, or that there is no need to fold the cards. Folding makes the tears a lot easier for spectators and yourself and makes the piece by piece logical seeming.
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
I have Hood Wink and Reparation manuscripts. I might buy Daniel Garcia's Torn next since it's a DVD. I might learn it faster.
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I did create Re-Attached, but I would like to comment of TORN and Ripped and Restored.

I do perform the torn routine along with a bit of Ripped and Restored. The 1st restorations are the same-along with the tearing process. I like Daniels 2nd restoration, except I put the "piece" on the inside rather than outside of the card. I then follow up with Yves' final restoration. Hopefully I didn't confuse those who own both. But this seems to work better for me.

Lance

PS: The only routine I do not know is Pristine. Anyone know where I can find that?
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Torn and Restored Card (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL