The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ammarmagic order (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Bennie90

Quote:
On 2005-04-17 15:04, Dave VanVranken wrote:
The Chop Cup and ball can be examined if need be, but be sure the two never come together or they'll immediately know the secret.

The set you mention looks rather light. I don't know who makes them, but I'd look a little more before making a decision. Bill Palmer sells the Bazar de Magia cups for less than this, and if it's good enough for him to carry, then it's worth looking into. http://www.adessoverlag.com

Dave made the above recommendation to check out the Cups available at: http://www.adessoverlag.com/cupsandballs.htm it is worth noting that this vendor not only provides the Cups, also included are the manipulation balls, wand, close up pad, routine booklet, and final load balls. All for the same price!! I should also mention that the service is first rate.

Bill Sutter
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Plus I hear he's a pretty nice guy too!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
I third ordering from adessoverlag. Bill's a great guy and I ordered my Bazar de Magia brass cups from him.

I recommend these cups highly and the mat (made from auto headliner material) is fantastic.

The book is great. It gives Dai Vernon's impromptu routine and has one or two moves you won't see in print anywhere else (according to Bill and I have no reason to doubt him Smile). I actually use one of these moves in my routine which I posted up a while ago.

The crochet balls that come with the Bazar's are superior to the balls that come with Uday cups. I have the aluminium Udays and the Bazar balls are definately much better.

The wand (if you don't have one) is actually a really nice beginner's wand. It is black and white plastic and though light I can do the Vernon wand spin very comfortably with it.

So to sum up go with Adesso Verlag.
Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
Thanks but I have allready ordered those cups. Now I am interested in that goldenrod wand wich is sold at adesso verlag Smile
Sorry if I let you everybody down with making maybe wrong decision but it is my local magicshop and I like look of these cups.And that combo thing sounds good. Next time I propably go with adesso verlag. That goldenrod wand look beautiful Smile any reviews about that Smile
*going crazy with Jeff Mcbrides Art Of Card Manipulation dvds*
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
I don't have the wand but here's some advice which is true of all metal-tipped wands. They damage the cups. I had the mercury wand. I still have the rod but the rubber covering split. My bazars are quite dented and scratched on the top of the cups. I would think the Goldenrod would dent it even more, being a heavier wand.

At the minute I'm using the plastic wand I got with the cups until I wait for my wand from tabman. I can't wait to get it. I saw the wand he made for Bill Palmer on http://www.cupsandballsmuseum.com/wands.htm at the bottom of the page. It looks great.
Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
Ok that's something I should remember. I get plastic wand with those cups.
Burrich
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Burrich
Or get a wooden wand. They don't damage cups. Tabman makes custom wands at a great price. PM him if you're interested. I'll be giving a review when I receive mine. Also Frank Starsini makes wooden wands.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The amount of damage a wand will do to your cups depends on a number of factors:
1) How hard you strike your cups.
2) The hardness of the material of the wand vs. the hardness of the metal of the cups.
3) The thickness of the metal your cups are made from.

I don't pound my cups, so that's not an issue with me. But with some cups, for example Sherwood silver cups, I don't want to take chances, so I use a wand with wooden tips with them.

Van Dokkum cups are very heavy and have thick walls. You are very unlikely to damage them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
Sorry there was one typo. I got plastic wand with my cups Smile kind of free. Can you Bill examine about those morrisey cups thickness and hardness?
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
Quote:
On 2005-04-19 12:07, Dave VanVranken wrote:
Plus I hear he's a pretty nice guy too!

If only we can get him to post once in a while. He seems like he may know a few things.
Chris
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Quote:
On 2005-04-19 14:44, chrisrkline wrote:
If only we can get him to post once in a while. He seems like he may know a few things.

You simply MUST have your tongue in your cheek. He's posted over 5,000 times!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hmmmm, was I wrong about the "nice guy" part too??? I wonder... Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
BLSmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BLSmagic
If you go on Ebay and type in "Cups Balls," you will see that someone is selling collector brass cups for $45. I bought a set because I had played around with these before. They are EXACTLY like the original Paul Fox Cups. I have many sets of cups and these are the best I've ever had.
This auction will probably end before you get a chance to look at it but I've never looked on Ebay in the last year without a set of these being auctioned from the same guy. Check out his store as well. I believe the link is on the auction page.
My screen name has changed to "Bryan Swaringen."

www.BusinessEntertainer.com www.MagicPromoReel.com
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
Quote:
On 2005-04-19 15:47, rikbrooks wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-04-19 14:44, chrisrkline wrote:

You simply MUST have your tongue in your cheek. He's posted over 5,000 times!

Yes. I know who he is. How many of you get invited to Bill's hotel room?

Sheesh, is this a sign of derangement? I am not talking about some babe here that I picked up is a bar. Bill is a handsome enough I suppose, but he can't compete with his silver and gold Sherwood cups--or for that matter the Gazzo cups. Smile
Chris
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2005-04-19 23:24, BLSmagic wrote:
If you go on Ebay and type in "Cups Balls," you will see that someone is selling collector brass cups for $45. I bought a set because I had played around with these before. They are EXACTLY like the original Paul Fox Cups. I have many sets of cups and these are the best I've ever had. This auction will probably end before you get a chance to look at it but I've never looked on Ebay in the last year without a set of these being auctioned from the same guy. Check out his store as well. I believe the link is on the auction page.

These are being sold nearly all the time from one particular seller in Utah I believe.

These are the Magic Makers cups, jokingly referred to as "Faux Fox" or "Paul Faux" cups. Bill Palmer has some experience with these cups, as well as this particular seller.
Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
Thanks everybody for great answers and help!!!

Again a question. How long you thinkg cups will last before you should change to better. I have used those copper cups now couple days and I am pretty happy to those. Maybe bit high price of that quality but works good and looks good from audience view. I see there is allready scratches around the cup and I just can think what it will look like after couple months:) but maybe it will look god when it is full of patina and scratches. But yes how long is good time ? half year, year, month?
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I have had those aluminum "economy" cups in the url up there for about 2 years. They are full of scratches, nicks, dents... but they work, and the audience can't see anything unless it is major, or if they inspect the cups. I say use these cups for the next year or so, then upgrade.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've had my Charlie Miller cups for about fifteen years. I think they're just now getting "broken in." I expect probably a good fifty more years or so and they should be about right.

As long as you don't damage them somehow, they should last forever. The marks and scars just add "character." You might want to consider a wand without metal tips. They can do some serious damage. If the pic is still around, take a look at Tom Frank's cups.
Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
I saw big manufacture error in my cups and I emailed now to my dealer if I can change those cups and can I change them to bazar d magias copper cups
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Ammarmagic order (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL