The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Terasabos and Final Picture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stedwick
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
73 Posts

Profile of Stedwick
Quick question: if I get the Final Picture will I know how to do Terasabos as well? It seems to me that if a spectator can find the object, I should be able to as well, but just checking =P

Stedwick
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
The answer in short: Yes and no. The answer in detail: You will realize what I mean more so once you've read the beautifully written manuscript that covers, literally, every single detail that went into making this effect what it is.
Terasabos involved five cups and one object where as The Final Picture involves four and one object. Both routines are killer and may be done impromptu. It would do you well to pick up a copy of Rick Maue's, "The Book of Haunted Magic" for it has some wonderful thought provoking ideas. I highly recommend it. I don't go around recommending things often. Rick's work is always well thought out, easy to use, and easy for an audience to digest.

-George Tait
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Can the Final Picture be done impromptu? Or can it be done impromptu provided you 'happen' to have the medallion on you? Just curious.
Hello.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Yes it can be done impromptu - and You don't need the medallion to do this effect.

I hope this helps.

George Tait
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
The Impromptu version is actually the "original" to the Final Picture and, in my opinion, the better way of doing the bit (I simply loathe anything that looks like a "trick" and though the medallion "works" I still feel that the wad of paper under a cup is better...)

The "trick" to this or the Terasabos routine has nothing to do with the "props" and everything to do with one's ability to present the mystery and build suspense as well as "investment" (of the participant) into what you are attempting to do. If you are not competent/confident in your ability to control a volunteer and guide them in subtle ways, this is NOT a routine you'll grow to appreciate. On the other hand, if you have the prime component found within the name of TERASABOS... then you're going to love this variant.

I've been privy to some of the R&D to the Final Picture as well as the recently released Book of Spirit Seances (BOSS)... even with the "inside edge" I've been blown away with the end product. I just recieved my copy of the BOSS and FINAL PICTURE and I just can't say enough about it. This is the kind of material I wish guys like Rick would keep to themselves and not put out to the rest of the magic community, sharing it with a few close friends and leaving it at that.

Rick's a freak'n genius, that's all I can say!
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Osiris, everytime I see an old Superman poster or ad that states, "The Man of Steel", this is what I now can't help but think of.
Of course, with his X-ray vision, he doesn't really need ..
Aghh, those in the know, know what I mean ! heh
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings,

First, thanks to George and Osiris for the nice words.

In regard to the original question from Stedwick, Terasabos was the starting point for The Final Picture, but the two are really very different--both in effect and most certainly, in method. There would be no direct link to understanding Terasabos just from reading The Final Picture. On the other hand, there is no need to know either piece in order to learn and understand the other.

Simply put, both releases were designed to complement the other, without being reliant upon each other. I hope that helps.

Keep the change,
Rick Maue
Deceptions Unlimited
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I have Haunted Magick, which I love.

With limited funds, what should I go for next for a Maue Mentalism effect ?

Fate, The Final Picture, The Journey ?

Help.

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
davybabybrazil
View Profile
Regular user
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
169 Posts

Profile of davybabybrazil
Piers,

I would vote for Final Picture first. Apart from the routine the thinking behind it will lead you to create other routines. (By the way there are 2 routines in the Final Picture and the "freebee" included is really very good, simple and direct - 2 for the price of one)
It is hard to believe a man is telling you the truth if you know that if you were in his situation you would be lying.
pgh-mike
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of pgh-mike
Get 'Final Picture' and his Haunted Magic book. Final Picture is made to always work. If you knew what 'Terasabos' realy stands for you would understand it.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
The Final Picture is also included as a part of the Deluxe Edition of the B.O.S.S. (also available through Deceptions Unlimited).

Chris
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Final Picture is great. For years I have been a fan of Terasabos, so this was right up my alley.

It is agreed that the thinking behind this piece is what garners the most value, (and my attention) personally.

It's a winner. Pick it up.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Quote:
It's a winner. Pick it up.

Agreed!
MOJave
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of MOJave
Can someone tell me the effect please??

thankyou

Christopher
Be Entertained...
www.christopherbisset.com.au
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
One of the things I've always enjoyed about Rick's magicial thinking is that he gets me to temporarily quit using the sledge hammer of sleight of hand technique and gaffs and to use what may be magic's most basic technique -- lying.

So much of his work is sleightless and gaffless and that just leaves room for one thing -- a whole lot of incredibly smart verbal deception.

Most of us are familiar with the effect where you take (say) a black six and a red five put them in the deck, snap your fingers, and take a red five and a black six (suits be ***ed) off the top of the deck. This effect has a simple method -- lying. But the effect is pretty minor. Rick puts lying on steroids.

He has put in the work to craft lying (and lying alone) into some incredibly baffling and workable effects.

Best,

DD

PS: Haunted Magick is worth reading for the introduction alone. ;o)
Corporate Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Corporate Magician
Chris

The product description for The Final Picture by Rick Maue is as follows.

"Imagine this: An audience member places a medallion beneath any one of four inverted cups. Then, a different audience member (who was outside the room while the object was hidden) comes up to the table and she is successfully guided on a step-by-step journey to the medallion with no help from anyone in the room-including the performer.

Please be aware that no sleights are required, and there are no secret assistants. Also take note that the routine is designed for either close-up or stand-up performances. In addition, everything that you will need to perform the routine is included (except of course, the cups, the table, and the audience members).

And if all of this is not enough, we have also added a second routine (also complete with the necessary props) that can be combined with The Final Picture to create a solid ten-minute block of material that you can immediately drop right into your act."

Regards

EC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Terasabos and Final Picture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL