The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Magic - Seminar 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1946 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I believe there are at least 2.

I am lonely!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3845 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Sorry guys, its going to be near Philadelphia, within easy reach of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, heck - you can get there by car, bus, train or plane from anywhere!(Even that guy Gallo will be there from Buffalo, assuming the snow drifts aren't too high in July LOL). Send me an e mail with any questions or post them here. Send me a check to confirm a place in the seminar. Be prepared to do some wonderful coin magic. See you there.
First edition of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME, and the supplies of the reprint are dwindling fast! but don't despair, they are still around at dealers everywhere!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!! ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
(Even that guy Gallo will be there from Buffalo, assuming the snow drifts aren't too high in July LOL)

Never fear...for I have leased a dog sled team!

Mike
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2005-04-22 18:35, saxmangeoff wrote:
There probably aren't more than a handful of magicians within a 200 mile radius of Othello.

Geoff,
Othello is 177 miles from Seattle/Tacoma where you can find:
Steve Minch
Steve Dobson
Steve Hobbs
Steve Mayhew
as well as non-Steve magicians
Jack Carpenter
Tobias Pashia
Tom Frank
Philemon Vanderbeck
Master Payne
and a couple others...

And of course, there's Portland where you can find Lee Asher, Reed McClintock and Jim Pace.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3845 Posts

I've been asked what constitutes the Secret Stuff Notes that we use at the Seminar. These notes are notes exclusive to the seminar, containing unpublished material that has been held back to provide some exclusivity for our participants. In the first session, the Secret Stuff notes featured several new and practical click passes, two false counts (Forget that Himber Count where you have to pray to make it work, these are the real deal!), a new utility switch and new double face turnover move, a new handling coins across with the last coin going to the specators hand, a hanging coins routine, and a new wave coins through the table. At our next session these notes will be expanded to include the underground work on the wave change, a new four coin production, and more. There might also be some interesting stuff from those guys Gallo and Latta to keep the participants drooling. We also give out other sets of notes, some surprises, and additional goodies that make the seminar an outstanding value. Participants also have an opportunity to purchase material at special prices. For example, at our last seminar Mike Gallo produced a special video exclusive for our seminar which was sold at a very low price.
We are booking a bit faster than last year, so please contact me or post here if you have any additional questions that I can answer. Thanks, Michael Rubinstein

Hey, just read my earlier post and I can't edit it, so I wanted to add that our seminar is not just about the unpublished stuff or goodies, its about learning and sharing top notch coin magic, and helping to make your own coin magic look as magical as possible. Hope to see you all there, Mike
First edition of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME, and the supplies of the reprint are dwindling fast! but don't despair, they are still around at dealers everywhere!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!! ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Howdy All, I have recieved several PM's and Emails in reguards to the coin seminar and to what I will be doing. Well, I have always been partial to the classics...so that will be the main topic for me...I will also touch on routining effects as well as touches on sleights. If time permitts...I will go over the "Gallo Pitch" as well. As far as the material I will be doing, some has seen print...the majority of what I am going to do has not seen print. I hope this answers your questions. Should you have any others...please...ask away!

Mike
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3845 Posts

To the many people who have inquired, the only way to reserve a spot is to send in a check or money order. About a month before the seminar we will contact you in order to find out the topics or techniques you want to focus on, as well as give you a list of hotels in the area and directions to the theatre. We will then tailor the seminar to fit the major interests of the group. Feel free to PM me or send me an e mail with any other questions, Mike

Update: May 21 2005

FLASH****** Just got off the phone with David Roth, who is currently in Washington helping Ricky Jay with his show. He told me he will be releasing some new deep back clip techniques at our Seminar!
David Melnick
View Profile
New user
Madison, WI
23 Posts

Profile of David Melnick
Do you have a start and end time for the seminar? I would love to attend, and will try to make it work flying from Madison, WI. Also, have you developed a web site for the seminar?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3845 Posts

As it stands right now, we should be stasrting about noon. The seminar runs six hours, with a break for lunch. We've had some delays in the making of our website, but all necessary information can be found in this thread, and by sending me an e mail. Remember, only payment to me confirms your participation, so be sure to get in your payment as soon as possible. thanks, Mike (If you register before the 15th of June we will be able to get your information about your interests, and try to fit them into our seminar).
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
As it stands right now, we should be stasrting about noon.

Geeze Mike, I never get up before 1 pm Smile

The Other Mike (who can also be swarmy)
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Smarmy!.....I'm not quite sure how exactly the NYC coin guys travel, but I assume it's not as a swarm.
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
212 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Hi All,

As host for the event, I feel I should give yo a few details about the venue. The Coin Seminar 2 will be held in the Magic Theatre in our home. We are in the suburbs of Philadelphia, about 8 minutes from King of Prussia. There are several low-priced hotels right in the area and details of them will be forthcoming soon. A nice variety of restaurants are nearby as well. The theatre itself is a 32 seat facility with tiered seating, full lighting and video set-up with a 10 foot screen. There is more than ample space for the hands-on breakout sessions. Light refreshments (read sodas, chips and pretzels) will be out all day. Plus you get to run rampant through my library and magic collection...ok, not rampant, but you get the idea. There will be no guided tours ala Copperfield tho Smile Seating is limited so contact Michael Rubinstein now if you want a seat. Hope to see you there on July 16th!

Marc DeSouza
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Plus you get to run rampant through my library and magic collection

How cool is that...I may never leave with an over like that! Hey Marc, maybe we can sneak off and do some thimbles while everyone else is doing the real stuff...lol!!!

Mike (the house guest who never leaves)
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3845 Posts

The seminar is filling up steadily. In about two weeks I will be contacting all the attendees in order to assess their abilities and to find out the subjects, techniques, and effects they would like to focus on. If you plan on registering, please do so as soon as possible so I can get your input as well. You don't want to be left out of this special opportunity, and the Seminar is only about 7 weeks away!

Update: June 7 2005

OK, we had to do it. It wasn't enough that at Seminar number one we had Gallo as our special guest. You wanted more. It wasn't enough that Gallo has now become a major contributer and partner in Seminar number two. You wanted more. So, for you, we had to do it. Just in case ROTH, LATTA, RUBINSTEIN, and GALLO weren't enough to whet your coin whistles, We kidnapped one of the top coin guys around today and made him a SPECIAL GUEST at our July 16th seminar at Marc's Magic Theatre outside of Philadelphia. That's SIX HOURS of intense coin magic with FIVE of the biggest innovators and teachers of coin magic around today. And who do you think this SPECIAL GUEST is? The answer to be revealed in the next FIVE Days!! You guys who have already signed up are in for a special treat. Those who are on the fence should get in line now! Answer to be revealed soon (heheheh).......

Update: June 8 2005

OK, Special Guest hint number one.....He appears on the COINvention DVD. Name to be revealed in 4 days! Keep your eyes posted on this thread for additional information!

Update: June 9 2005

Two PM's, both wrong! If I see any correct answers here, I will reveal our mystery guest. Hint number two, his magic is modern, but his interests are Victorian. Hmmmmmmm, that should give it away to those who know him......
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Wait--I know! Underground Koinman Kenton Knepper?
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hmmm, does his name have a "K" in it? Did his recent book have one of my moves in it? Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5264 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-06-09 15:09, Curtis Kam wrote:
Wait--I know! Underground Koinman Kenton Knepper?

Knot!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Sounds exciting, wonder how long the good Doctor can keep this info "bottled" up.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3845 Posts

I'm feeling the heat! OK, you all win. I'll reveal the Special Guest Tonight (Although two people who recently posted already know LOL!)
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Don't tell me--I was "Off by One".
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Magic - Seminar 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL