The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Magic - Seminar 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3844 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Our special guest will be none other than KAINOA HARBOTTLE, a great guy and wonderful coin worker. He is known for extremely interesting edge grip techniques and Mutobe palm applications (along with an occassional coin out of the nose), and will be glad to share his insights with you at the Seminar! There is still space available, although with the addition of our added guest I would advise sending in your registration as soon as possible. E mail me with any additional questions you may have.
First edition of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME, and the supplies of the reprint are dwindling fast! but don't despair, they are still around at dealers everywhere!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!! ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
This swarm of New Yorkers in Pennsylvania will make for a truly informative time for all attendees; the Hawaiian will just sort of be there to discuss the intricacies of orifice coin magic.

Seriously, as an educator, the highlight of this intense workshop for me is the fact that the topics are designed specifically to the skill level and interests of the people who come. And since you’ll have access to exciting new material that will [bold]only[/bold] appear in the seminar, this is the best opportunity to see material live and ask the questions you've always wanted to about it. This is going to be a lot of fun......and I get to play with Marc’s books......
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Kainoa...sorry pal, but I'm pulling rank on the book playing Smile All kidding aside, it's going to be great having you there! Your techniques on edge grip and the Mutobe palm will be a wonderful addition to the seminar! I'm starting to feel like I died and went to coin Heaven!!!

Mike
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8658 Posts

Profile of Mb217
This going to be another great get-together I see. Glad to hear of KH being added, the guy has some killer stuff. Gotta admit, thought maybe you were going to add someone really wild and creative, like Jay Sankey (I know, I know, that's crazy right?) Smile...But I guess even with all of his ability and accomplishment, he might be the wrong sorta dude for this kinda party. But I hope one day to attend when some of these other guys are included too. Though obviously not a part of this kind of club, I still think Sankey would have a lot of interesting things to teach and say. Say what you want about his personality but the guy is very, very good. I've had the good fortune to dine in some of the world's best restaurants in my travels, and I've also been in some great dives and joints. Always got the best food from the fine restaurants, but always had the best time and meal at the joints and dives (incidentally, some great food served in these places too.) Go figure! Smile I guess for now, Kainoi will be as far out, even zany (with an assortment of 1-liners thrown in by Gallo) as they are willing to go at this time. Oh well, on with the show. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Hey, I am the dirty spoon of the lot. I'm hoping someone will teach me the secret hand shake when I get to Marc's because heaven knows I haven't learned it yet.

I'm sure Jay is out there doing his usual quality of work for Penguin and the world. He'll have to make it to that in-the-hazy-future England Coinvention everyone's been whispering about, since we missed him the last time we had it. Maybe we'll make him the special guest? I heard he was a big hit in the UK.

Thanks for the kind words, M.B..........Kainoi

Quote:
On 2005-06-12 09:36, mike gallo wrote:
Kainoa...sorry pal, but I'm pulling rank on the book playing Smile All kidding aside, it's going to be great having you there! Your techniques on edge grip and the Mutobe palm will be a wonderful addition to the seminar! I'm starting to feel like I died and went to coin Heaven!!!

Mike

Hey Mike.....just as long as no one makes fun of my mother this time, it will be swell.....If you do go to coin Heaven, I call dibs on your earthly gaffs.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3844 Posts

Announcement to all who have registered: I will be calling you in about a week to go over your major interests and to discuss final details. To those who have expressed interest but who have not sent in payment as yet, please let me know your intentions, so I can add your input to the Seminar. Be sure to send in your check or money order as soon as possible, in order to secure your place in the Seminar! Thanks, Mike Rubinstein
First edition of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME, and the supplies of the reprint are dwindling fast! but don't despair, they are still around at dealers everywhere!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!! ORDER YOURS TODAY!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
".....If you do go to coin Heaven, I call dibs on your earthly gaffs."

Gallo uses gaffs???? Man, that explains everything!
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Gallo uses gaffs???? Man, that explains everything!

And he's left handed...so I've heard.

Mike
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
And Kainoa's right-handed, but he does coin magic left handed. He's probably doing it just to impress you, Mike. Smile

I think everyone else is like me. Vanishes on the left, productions on the right, the way it's supposed to be.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Quote:
On 2005-06-15 16:05, Curtis Kam wrote:
And Kainoa's right-handed, but he does coin magic left handed. He's probably doing it just to impress you, Mike. Smile

I think everyone else is like me. Vanishes on the left, productions on the right, the way it's supposed to be.

Actually, I vanish and produce with both hands....the way it's supposed to be.....

And when I first started on the Curtis Kam/Gary Kurtz material, I made a conscious effort to learn the tough stuff with a left-handed emphasis so that I could shake hands with people but still be holding out....
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3844 Posts

UPDATE 6/19/05...There are still seats left for the Seminar, but time is growing short. For those of you who are still deciding, here are some quotes from the
Café about the first Seminar:
"Words do not do justice to this event - the amount of knowledge each expert gave was fantastic. I hope it happens again - I'll be there!!!"
- Ted

"I will literally spend years going through the material you taught plus the material in the lecture notes you gave. The selfish part of me does not want this to happen again so that the 8 of us who attended will be the only recipients of this incredible teaching experience. 8 students, 4 teachers, a pretty good ratio.

My wife asked me if it was worth it as soon as I got back. I had two answers:

Plane trip to NY--$260
2 nights hotel--$300
The event--$500
Spending the day getting personal, hands-on instruction from each of these four, listening to their stories, getting advice on many things magical, learning their opinions, and making their acquaintance--priceless".
-Gene

"What an incredibly wonderful, intense experience. First, the seminar was extremely well organized and David, Geoff, Michael and Mike were so professional yet created an informal environment where we could ask questions and get advice on any aspect of coin magic. It has also provided me with a good foundation to continue practicing and to expand upon what I learned. I can't say enough good things about the day. Absolutely worth the money and something I would do again in a second".
- David

"I was looking for something that would serve as a springboard for my coin magic--what better way to accomplish this than by spending a day with David Roth, Geoff Latta, Michael Rubinstein and Mike Gallo. You guys were just fantastic. You were patient, professional, enthusiastic and very forthcoming with answers to all of our questions. The day was very well planned out, from the setup of the room, lectures, and demonstrations to the organization of the portfolios, the lecture notes, the archive footage, workshops and dinner. What I got out of it personally is a clear understanding of what I need to do, to get to where I want to go. Again, I would highly encourage anyone who is looking to improve their magic, to participate in your seminars".
- Ceasar

For additional quotes and information about the first event, check out the following thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=60#8
Be sure to contact me if you have any questions about the Philadelphia event in July. Thanks, Mike

Update: June 23 2005

I'm calling everyone Saturday and Sunday afternoon. If you need a more convenient time, e mail me. Also, if you didn't send me your number, please do so ASAP. Thanks, Mike
Gaston Quieto
View Profile
New user
Argentina
23 Posts

Profile of Gaston Quieto
Hi Guys,

I wish I could go....but july is very busy for me here in Dubai ,if not you bet I ll be there. Hope I can put my hands on that secret stuff later on! great event!

Best
Gaston
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8658 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Mike,

I know you guys are good, I guess in a way you guys are "Masters." I've seen your work and the time and effort is quite evident, along with all you have contributed to the craft, so all due respect. Smile But how good are the guys that attend your seminars? I mean, you have to have some oppinion of their abilities. Obviously, by their interest and willingness to spend and attend, they must be able to do a little something. But how good are they? Anyone surprise you and be better than you mightve thunk...Ever seen anyone better than any of you guys, or yourself? Anyone that showed the potential to be even better. Just asking? Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
MB217...why not just attend and find out?

Mike
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8658 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Might do that one day soon, Mike. Smile I can't make this one this time around but I do hope to attend one of your events as they sound most interesting. I was just wondering about when the teacher sees a student that might be even better than he is, even though the student doesn't even recognize it. Or perhaps the teacher rarely comes across anyone as good and maybe that might be a good thing. Smile

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3844 Posts

At our first Seminar, there was one guy who was a serious coin and card man. Most of the others were enthusiasts, who wanted to improve their coin magic. There are a few serious coin guys coming this time round, and I suspect some with more limited skills, who are eager to learn and have a fun, fullfilling coin day. To answer your question, I think that you can always learn and improve yourself, regardless of your level. We are presenting material that a serious professional can use, but outside of some of the deep backclipping stuff most people with a basic-intermediate knowledge of coin magic should be able to perform the material we present. Coin magic is about timing and being smooth and delicate, not about finger cramping. And, most importantly, finding ways to make your magic look more magical. With errands on the schedule today, I'll give most people a call this evening, or tomorrow afternoon. Those I can't reach, I'll talk to during the week. Thanks, Mike
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8658 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Now, that's really the "Mike" I actually meant my post for initially. Smile No disrespect to Gallo, but he's more of the "short & sweet" to the point type of guy (he also has some really good come-backs and one-liners at times too) Smile But I more wanted to hear such a response as given by you, the Good Doctor (not Dr. J) Smile I appreciate your posts, both you Mike's...Smile Have a good event. Smile

Hey, so where do coin men such as yourselves go to learn, I mean sort of like what you're setting up here for others? Just asking? Don't tell me, Ol' JT is really teaching all you guys in the back room right....Smile

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3844 Posts

When we don't come up with new things and explore their applications, we do what everyone else should be doing...read. Best way for me to get new ideas is to "play" with coins in my hands...something may strike me and I go off on a tangent. But, I may see something performed by another magician, or read about something ...a move, a routine, an application, etc, and it takes me down totally new avenues. And it beats figuring out why Mrs. Smith's 14 year old cat keeps puking every food source known to mankind once a week!
Pachin
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Pachin
Michael, for those who cannot attend the seminar (would love to but cannot make it in that date) what other alternatives do we have ? I am sure that there are a lot of guys that are under the same situation and do not want to miss all this new information. Would you guys consider putting together like a package with at least copies of all the lecture notes and maybe put it on sale for us ? I know that it is not the same than having the master in front of you, but at least we can learn it somehow? Are you planning a second Seminar in the near future ? I would appreciate your comments. Thanks
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3844 Posts

What makes going to our Seminar special, is the opportunity to get new stuff ahead of everyone else. Down the line we may or may not release the material to a wider audience, but for now, the new material is exclusive to the attendees. One of the moves that was showcased at the first Seminar almost a year ago, will appear in Genii in a few months. So, they guys who went had a year head start on everyone else. Not all of the information provided will ever get out, however, so if you can attend, please make your arrangements as soon as possible. Thanks for the inquiry!

Update: July 4 2005

Happy 4th of July! Our Seminar is on the 16th, and that's where the real fireworks start. Our group is almost full, but with only a few spots left there is still time to register! E mail me ASAP, as we are only about two weeks away. You have seen how great the 2003 COINvention turned out if you got to see the DVD, and we will be having 6 of the participants at our Seminar! Sign up soon, this is an event you don't want to miss. I have contacted most of the attendees, those I did not speak with yet I will be calling Tues or Wednesday.

Update: July 8 2005

Seven days to go, and because you asked, I will reveal that as part of the "package", you will get 2 DVD's available no where else. They are exclusive to this Seminar for now. E mail me for last minute registration information. Hope to see you there!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Magic - Seminar 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL