The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tossed Out Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I would like to add a version of The Tossed Out Deck to my act and wondered if there are any versions that you guys recommend.

I am familiar with the versions by David Hoy, Ron Wilson, Ted Lesley and Max Maven but would like to hear your thoughts on these too.

Thanks,

Iain.
adrien
View Profile
New user
Paris
32 Posts

Profile of adrien
Gary Kurtz uses a wonderful version....still unpublished
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
The Cassandra Deck has the advantage of being able to name each person's individual card. Other advantages include that you can spread the cards showing all to be different.

It is also possible to use Richard Osterlind's Radar Deck as a TOD too.

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Quote:
On 2005-04-20 04:19, adrien wrote:

Which should mean that others shouldn't use it. So why are you recommending it to someone that asked for a version that they can use in their show?
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
I've been planning on trying out a tossed out deck in my routine. I think I'll be picking up the Cassandra deck.

Kennedy, am I correct in assuming that the Cassandra can be used close-up?
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
During my last lecture, my suitcase was detained by aiport authorities (Something about laser scopes, diabetic insulin syringes, satanic bible, and slew of other interesting mixtures) so I had to make a new Tossed out Deck. I created one of the coolest deck ever.

-You can spread the cards in hand or on a table and show them to be PERFECTLY ordinary.
-YOU CAN SHUFFLE THEM! I even had a spectator shuffle them.
-You can tell each spectator which card they are individually thinking of.

It's really cool!
PaulEverson
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of PaulEverson
The Cassandra deck is a vey groovy thing but there is something you need to be careful with if using it for a tossed out deck - and I learnt this the hard way.

When the spectator peels back or riffles through the deck to a card if they go from face to back then no problems, if they do it the other way you're in trouble - those who already have the deck will know why.

Paul
ksalaz1
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of ksalaz1
Dr. Z,

Sounds wonderfully impossible. I hope to see you perform it someday.

best,

Ken
"Master of the Obvious"
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
You can do the above effect that Dr.Z mensioned with a Bruce Bernstein Psi-Deck...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
ksalaz1
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of ksalaz1

Is that being marketed anywhere?

KSalaz

I checked out the PSI deck and it doesn't fullfill the requirements stated above by DR. Z. It can't be shuffled, etc. It is quite an astounding effect just the same, althought I think I could replicate it with some time.

KSalaz
"Master of the Obvious"
sarcophilus
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix
195 Posts

Profile of sarcophilus
I have seen Dr. Z's deck in a performance environment and it does all he says. I really liked Maven's version, but I switched after I saw Scott perform his.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Cassandra deck can be used close up too. Its very very clever, thanks go to Doc for its release!

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I have a version of the T.O.D. in my book The Black School. People have liked it. I use this regularly because it plays so strong. But keep in mind that presentation is very important so that you don't get into any trouble.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:

What specifically was your purpose in making that post?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
adrien
View Profile
New user
Paris
32 Posts

Profile of adrien
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 18:12, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:

What specifically was your purpose in making that post?

Simply to indicate to Iain that Mr Kurtz's version exists, and that he should see it to have an idea of a different tossed-out deck (it allows much more than the regular one of which exist thousands of slight variations). The goal here is to have various versions in mind in order to create a personal version, adapted to the conditions in which you work.
best regards
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Quote:
On 2005-04-20 10:12, ksalaz1 wrote:
I checked out the PSI deck and it doesn't fullfill the requirements stated above by DR. Z. It can't be shuffled, etc.

Actually, the Psi Deck can be shuffled, at least overhand, with no problem. It can be spread to display all different cards. You know the exact card each of two people peeked at. And it has a finish -- you predict the card that a spectator randomly stops you on while fairly dealing cards onto the table. You can show the rest of the cards to be all different. It's a great deck and worth the money.

Jerry
krantis
View Profile
Regular user
AUSTRALIA
106 Posts

Profile of krantis
Max Maven VIDEOMIND series - check it out ! His tossed out deck is very clever -
Sean Taylor has a great version in his lecture notes EAST Meets WEST - I believe an even nicer version.
Sean has a website http://www.taylorsmagicshop.com
All the best -
Michael
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
I am a HUGE fan of the Cassandra Deck too! If you have good group control there are very few problems - even if one does lift the wrong way; it only makes your performance more believable.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Quote:
On 2005-04-21 18:17, PsychoMagi wrote:
Dr. Z...........thats not funny. Your just being mean now!

I'm sorry. It's one of those things I love SOOOOOO much because it fools magicians. Theres some info at my zodiac effect site, but as of now I am being a miser.

-The front and backs of each card are shown ORDINARY!
-I did this in an airport and had the dried out rubber band break. Everyone helped pick them up and NEVER knew how the effect was achieved.
-You can over hand, cut, and riffle shuffle the deck until you get a paper cut, then I suggest getting a band aid and then continuing if you want.
-Numerous effects are possible.
-Recommended for a spectator mind reading event utilizing between 1 and 7 spectators. The optimum number is 4.

I was just offered an obscene amount of money for the deck. I refused and then offered it to her at a more reasonable price... Until they allow them selves to be known, the users of this deck will not be known. It always comes down to: How much is perfection, or at the very least my idea of perfection, worth to you? Those who use it, love it. Otherwise you'd be reading about it. Sarcophilus seems to like it Smile

ksalaz1- If you're in Chicago around July, I'll be starting another theater run. I'll definitely be using it there. Otherwise BOOK ME!

Until next ranting, your friend in thoughts of magical perfection-
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
I have a nicetossed out deck routine I have not had it published PM me for details.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tossed Out Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL